Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Depends on the RPM and the oil, but around 40 psi at around 2,200 RPM is about where mine is from memory.
I use 5/30 and it shows about 75 psi on start up cold. Maybe it will drop after warm up. I'll go out and drive it a little and see.
dipstick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipstick67 View Post
At idle the pressure is fine when driving it's pegged I think I'll put a manual gauge on it and go from there. Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know what happens.
I installed a manual gauge today, it read about 45psi at idle and a little over 50 psi at 2300 rpm. Now that's much better, so either the new pressure switch is not correct or there is something wrong with the electric gauge.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:21 AM   #17

I have the Actia instrument cluster and when I had mine rebuilt for the LCD display, they also replaced all the stepper motors and reflowed some of the circuit board where there were known issues. I know GM had issues with stepper motors in the early 2000's but not sure what type of gauge you have in your cluster. If you can monitor the output voltage of the gauge that will tell you whether the new sensor is the issue or it is elsewhere.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #18

After reinstalling pressure switch the pressure at idle is 45 psi and a little over 50 psi while driving, that's good enough for me. Thanks to all for your replies.