Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2018, 04:35 AM   #1

P-32 brake hoses

One of the spring projects this year is changing out all 5 rubber brake hoses on our 98 Georgie Boy as it has 56,000 miles and 20 years of age on it. I found what I thought was a good deal on all 5 hoses at Rock Auto so I figured I would pass on the info here. All hoses are Raybestos brand and the total for all 5 were 92.89 shipped which I thought was a great buy. Once they arrive and I confirm that they ARE the correct hoses( numbers match from Oemy's website), I'll let everyone know.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #2

Thanks, can you post the part numbers, I need to put this on my to do list, though my P32 chassis Trek is a couple of years newer than yours, I did just hit 82,000 miles last week.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #3

On Rock Auto's website:
BH383396=Left Front
BH383395=Right Front
BH380468=Left Rear
BH380469=Right Rear
BH381245=Frame to axle hose
Note: Our P-32 has 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS.
The Frame to axle hose was cross referenced with the Napa# on Oemy's website for p-32 chassis info, the rear hoses were cross referenced with the Carquest #'s on Oemy's website. The front hoses were the correct numbers. As I'm finding that Rv builders seem to not stay standardized on components, it gets confusing to get the right info. Oemy's website is a very useful tool to find part numbers. As I just ordered them this morning, I'm hoping that they are all correct, Rock Auto usually has fast shipping so I should know soon and I'll update everyone. The price is the best that I've found anywhere on name brand hoses so fingers are crossed!
Old 04-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #4

I just did the same thing and all of the hoses were an exact fit. My rig is a 2001.

Most people shy away from rockauto it seems because if you reference your chassis on the site, not much comes up. But if you have a part number from elsewhere, you can search that on rockauto and usually come up with a part for significantly less than other places. Just my personal experience.

Good luck with your project.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #5

Thanks, figured somebody may need this info, damn things are expensive to work on, anytime you can save a buck! I'd be in the poor house if I had to pay someone to fix everything that I have on this rig.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #6

I replaced the fronts 2 years ago. The one that feeds the back will require dropping the gas tank to be able to get to it.

Tags
brake