Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2005, 04:39 AM   #1

OK, I posted this a couple of weks ago without much success so I will try it again.

I have a 2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V on a workhorse chassis.

When I start it up the parking brake buzzer sounds off no matter how long I let it run. I can put it into drive and drive it all over town with no problem and no buzzer.

When I stop and put it into park the buzzer sounds again. I have checked my brake fluid level and it is fine.

This is the alarm that will sound if you engage the parking break while you are in gear. It's like the alarm is getting a false positive with regard to the transmission being in gear.

It's almost like the parking break is engaging like it should when in park but that maybe the switch that lets the alarm know the transmission is in park is not working.

Maybe someone with more experience than me could tell me if ths seems logical and maybe where this switch is.

Ant ideas would be greatly appreciated
Kahunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2005, 04:39 AM   #2

OK, I posted this a couple of weks ago without much success so I will try it again.

I have a 2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V on a workhorse chassis.

When I start it up the parking brake buzzer sounds off no matter how long I let it run. I can put it into drive and drive it all over town with no problem and no buzzer.

When I stop and put it into park the buzzer sounds again. I have checked my brake fluid level and it is fine.

This is the alarm that will sound if you engage the parking break while you are in gear. It's like the alarm is getting a false positive with regard to the transmission being in gear.

It's almost like the parking break is engaging like it should when in park but that maybe the switch that lets the alarm know the transmission is in park is not working.

Maybe someone with more experience than me could tell me if ths seems logical and maybe where this switch is.

Ant ideas would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-07-2005, 05:55 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
CHECK your ignition switch, it may be melting.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:02 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Haltom:
CHECK your ignition switch, it may be melting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked the ignition switch as sugested and there are no signs of melting.

I have forund that it is possible to get it into park without the brake buzzer going off.

If you play with it while sliding it from R to P the buzzer won't come on about 30 percent of the time.

This makes me think even more than ever that there is a switch that isn't making contact somewhere and the parking brake alarm still thinks the coach is in gear when the brake activates.

Anybody out there know anything about this????
Old 09-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I pulled back some of the covering on the steering column, found the buzzer and unplugged it. It's a grey plastic cube type thing, about 1 1/4 X 1 3/4 inches, has 2 prongs and the front has a grille where the sound comes out. I started having the intermittent buzzing after the 2nd ignition switch w/Workhorse modification was installed. Of course they threw up their hands and said it couldn't be related to the fact that they had just worked on the column/ignition switch etc, etc. Hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #6

I seem to have stopped it from buzzing for now but maybe this is one of those inherrant problems with workhorse??

I had a problem with the power parking brake twice before I found out it was a common problem with workhorse.

I have also found the buzzer but I would rather not disconnect it, I think I will contact workhorse while it is still under warranty.