Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2007, 05:02 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Be advised that this filter is also used on GM light trucks and the filter can be obtained or ordered through any GM dealer. I purchased mine from a Chev. dealer. I provided the part number and they had it in stock. Granted it was a large GM dealer.

I agree that it is a shame this filter is not available through aftermarket suppliers.

UltraPower ECM Program
Joe Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Joe,

You got a Part # and Price?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
0emtech:

I used the WorkHorse number W0004996 for the dual outlet filter and they provided the correct filter. I'm not sure if they had to cross the number to a GM number but the filter is identical and has this number stamped on it.

The price was nearly $100. I wasn't too pleased with that but at least I now have a spare filter should I need it.

UltraPower ECM Program
Joe Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #18

WOW.... Did they KISS you first! That's $40 more than what WCC charges.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Driver, since you seem to be very connected to Workhorse and the WH sponsored forum, and I would assume you know many of us have so much trouble getting a basic maintenance item like a fuel filter, Dont you think it would be in the best interest for WH and their customers to let them know they need to make the filter available at many more places than they are now. I and probably know one else has ever had to order a fuel filter before not to mention the places where you can order are few and far between. It been a week since I ordered mine from a svc cntr and its still not in.
Travel , I have'nt modified mine yet but when my WH filter comes in , I'm going to buy the 'old atyle filter to compare it to and see if I can figure out a way to modify it. We've got some good welder at our shop at work and hopefuly I can find the fittings I need. I don't know what kind of emissions thing that Driver is talking about but I've never had a vehicle that any more than one inlet and one outlet on the filter.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #20

Max49, go review the Fuel Filter mod thread I did and you will have all you need to do the mod.

Here is a picture of the parts needed to do the mod.

The filter is the old style. The fitting is a 16mm/AN. You cut off the AN portion and weld into the piece you cut off from the new style filter you remove.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

OEM Tech, is that silver fitting on the right cut from the WCC filter? Where did you get the brass fitting and what is it called.

Does that 3rd line go back to the tank?
I see nothing wrong with that, it looks like it would function exactly like the WH filter. When and if the aftermarket filter makers , make it , that's basicly what they will do without the brass fitting. I don't understand why Driver is upset by this.
I quoted you so I could see both pics on the same page. Turned out good.
After looking again, is there any concern that the brass fitting could restrict the fuel flow? It obviously must be a little smaller.
Now if someone could post a pic of the OEM WH filter, we could put that on the same page to compare.
Denver, Colorado
Old 01-23-2007, 02:35 AM   #22

Max49, as I have said in 2 differnet posts go review the post I did on the Fuel Filter Mod as it has all the info you need... Here is the url pointer - http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8626012545/m/...271005672#1271005672

As for the size of brass fitting.. Take a look at the size of the fuel line ID and I don't think you will have any problems. Also, remember the fuel system is under about 60 psi.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The fitting is a 6mm/AN. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dale, is that the description I would use to buy a fitting to build an adaptor?...rgr..
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:16 AM   #24

I just checked and it is a 16mm and not 6mm. Huskyjack gets them at Orme Brothers (part #185005 - $9.37). But you should be ale to get them other places as there are used in the Chevy LT1 fuel system Do a Google search on 16mm fuel fittings.

Remember the AN part gets cut off so the size does not matter. A 16mm/an -6 will be cheaper than a -10.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:18 AM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just checked and it is a 16mm and not 6mm. Huskyjack gets them at Orme Brothers (part #185005 - $9.37). But you should be ale to get them other places as there are used in the Chevy LT1 fuel system Do a Google search on 16mm fuel fittings.

Remember the AN part gets cut off so the size does not matter. A 16mm/an -6 will be cheaper than a -10. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Dale, Im off to the store...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:21 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by max49:
I don't understand why Driver is upset by this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I am no where near upset Max. I am just stating the obvious and simply want to present the facts as I know them.

You just can't assume the liability to sell one of these modifications to a customer unless you can also accept the liability. There isn't enough money profit wise to make that happen.

A DIY project would be the only way that one can pursue this modification however just know that it is an unauthorized fuel system and or emission control modification.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Driver, Did you get a chance to talk to boys at WH and tell them their customers are so desperate for fuel filters that we are starting to make homemade filters. They should'nt be too proud of that so maybe you guys will bring it up at a board meeting . Maybe eventualy we will be able to just go buy a fuel filter for it rather than make our own.
Let us know what they say about this.
I bought wires and an old style Fram filter today #3727. If I ever get my fuel filter I ordered 8 days ago , I can compare the 2.
They've still got the rig waiting for and air bag, 10 days and counting.
Denver, Colorado
Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #28

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oem tech, I have saved all your pictures of the filter mod. I'm still waiting for the WH filter to come in. I did'nt know you could weld the steel part of the old filter to a brass fitting.
In pic 4 it looks like it is threaded on. Then in pic 5 it's all copper color. Was this welded or brazed with a torch? Is the steel and brass fitting actually welded together?
Denver, Colorado