Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MntDriver View Post
To the OP: After over a year of running with the UP, I was finally able to recieve a refund, as the claims of "1-3 mpg increases" and "butt dyno" simply were not true in my opinion. I actually got WORSE gas mileage with the UP for the year's use. Save your money for gas, and enjoy your motorhome!
at least you got your $$ back. I wouldnt want someone expecting 1-3mpg... and whoever told you that or where ever you read that it just wouldnt ever be true. 3mpg on a 7mpg average is HUGE and simple physics (the size of your rig) will tell you that can never be true. Yet you like to cite that anamoly. I would side with UP simply because you didnt provide factual data to back your sour grape claims.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
UP threads dominated this forum for a long time, Interest is always high in improving power and gas mileage. After 6 years or so, I can't remember what my butt dyno felt and I have no idea if my mileage would have been the same. Would I do it again? Probably not but then I would not buy the same coach today that I bought then. One size does not fit all. If I was near their Washington shop I might have them update the unit if they thought it would make any difference.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are many performance chips.. If, I ever invest in one it will be the ULTRA POWER already described in this thread (By the way I have the same engine) The other good one is the Banks system (Way more expensive)

These are both proven, in both cases the companies that do the work stand behind their customers.

There are many cheaper chips out there... And there are many stories from folks who have used them.. Blown engines, holy pistons (Have holes in them) this applies to both GM engines and FORD by the way.

But UP and Banks.. Are proven good ones.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Food for thought

If there were six add ons that would boost your gas mileage by at least 1 mile per gallon, and you installed each one, would you gain six miles per gallon?

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
If there were six add ons that would boost your gas mileage by at least 1 mile per gallon, and you installed each one, would you gain six miles per gallon?

Ron
This is a great question! I'm sure those who are wiser than us will provide a great answer!!

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post

Ron
yes...when you bench mark it on a treadmill in a vacuum.