Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
Yo Soupy, we're from NE Philly.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Fly EAGLES Fly, on to VICTORY !!!!

T.O. who

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had my programing done at the National in TN. I had replaced my wires and plugs prior to that. I installed the 41-983 plugs the Workhorse Manual called for as at the time no one said to use anything different. I did re gap to .045. I have not had a pinging problem at all and it runs good. What is the difference between 41-932 & 41-983? Would that have anything to do with pinging? Also 87 octane gas with 10% ethanol produces 89 octane fuel. Would these fuel differences in different parts of the country have any effect on pinging?

Mike B, If you read this could you advise if those who got the upgrade at the National got the latest release?

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:10 AM   #18

YO,Jestme13.I was born in Temple hospital,grew up in Port Richmond,hung around at Big Boys in the N.E.and family has had season tickets(paid the fee for the Linc.thanks Mayor Street) to the EAGLES from '51'.T.O.,T.O.,D.O.(drug overdose),T.O.....Bring back BEDNAREK #60..SOUPY
Soupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:47 AM   #19
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Is anyone up here in Washington,that is having the light pinging issue?? We would like to test it on the Dyno.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:58 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike,
I wonder if those of us with pinging are mostly ones with plugs also changed out? I have my old plugs but not enough motivation to change them back yet.

Marty
Old 10-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike, when we were there about three weeks ago Allen did the dyno twice on our 03 W-22. He did notice the ping then cleaned the MAF and updated the computer. Second dyno no ping. But ping did come back within a few hundred miles. Most noticable when you apply slight throttle prior to dropping down a gear. I have not noticed the ping when under heavy load in lower gears. I have original plugs just re-gapped and Taylor wires
Father Mulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That didn't increase my motivation at all
Old 10-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #23
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Steve,
We are testing one on the Dyno right now,we think the fuel pressure may be set too low.I'll keep you updated on what we find.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm sure all us 'pingers' apprreciate your quick response in diagnosing this problem.

Thanks Mike
Old 10-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #25
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Steve,

When are you gonig toward's Redlands Rv???
I want to try a program change in your coach.
The coach we have in here now was pinging,the fuel pressure was set too low(49 psi) we reset it at 60 psi and this eliminated 75% of the ping.Next we lowered the high octane ignition timing table.All other tables remained the same.The power was still there at 351 HP & 485 TQ with stock exhaust.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Mike,
Would this apply to my coach also? If so I will be going through Redlands om 10/25 or 10/26.

Jerry Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brazels RV Performance:Steve,When are you gonig toward's Redlands Rv??? I want to try a program change in your coach. The coach we have in here now was pinging,the fuel pressure was set too low(49 psi) we reset it at 60 psi and this eliminated 75% of the ping.Next we lowered the high octane ignition timing table.All other tables remained the same.The power was still there at 351 HP & 485 TQ with stock exhaust. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
rvjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #27
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Yes Jerry,

I want to test a pinging coach to see if that will take care of it.Then we'll do the other one's that are having an issue.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mike, sounds like you are on top of things. I have to call Keith and set up the date for November 7. We will be going that way for the Phoenix Nascar races.

Plan 'B' check your private topic.

Steve