Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Just wondering - this forum has had numerous good reports about the Turning Wheel RV shop near Ocala. Has anyone used the Plant City facilities?
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Just wondering - this forum has had numerous good reports about the Turning Wheel RV shop near Ocala. Has anyone used the Plant City facilities?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ding-a-ling:
Has anyone used the Plant City facilities? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No I haven't used the Plant City facility but I don't see any obvious short falls from doing business at the Plant City shop.

Call for Armando in Ocala and speak with him about what you need to do. You'll find him very helpful and you can tell him "I" said that.

I believe that Armando will be supporting Workhorse in Brooksville, FL for the SEA FMCA in February.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:02 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Turning Wheel was recently sold. The Alonso's no longer own it although they are staying on for awhile as consultants.

Previous good or bad reports may change with the new ownership.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the replies Mike and Tom. I have no need to make an appointment at this time but thought it would be an alternative to LazyDays.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ding-a-ling:
Thanks for the replies Mike and Tom. I have no need to make an appointment at this time but thought it would be an alternative to LazyDays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Try ABC Bus in Winter Garden, FL. They seem to be an excellent dealer IF you have difficulties getting a dealer.

They are on Route 50 just West of the FL TPKE.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:27 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I had warranty work done at Suncoast in Ocala last Jan. Took coach in and they ordered parts. A few weeks later when all parts arrived took coach back and all items were repaired/installed (Replace hydraulic pump relay, replace dining table, replace left bottom 1200 fridge door hinge & replace windshield washer pump).

I had no problem with them and I would use them again.

I think Turning Wheel is authorized Workhorse repair center. I would try Turning Wheel for Workhorse warranty work.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #8

I would recomed against having work done at Turning Wheel RV. I have had some insurance work done there and the work has not been completed each of the 4 times I have been called to pick up the coach. Parts have been missing others broken in process of repair. The coach was not covered when having a window leak repaired and two months later I go to pick up the coach and the carpets are soaked. They refuse to repair the water damage.
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Turning Wheel in Plant City is now closed and location is selling utility trailers.
I had some work done at ABC and asked about doing an oil change. They said it would be about $125.00 for the W22.
Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I used Turning Wheel last spring for repairs while staying at Lazy Days. They were prompt and thorough with their service. They even let us into the waiting room with our dog. FYI, the Chevy dealer on the opposite side of I-4 from Turning Wheel is also an authorized Workhorse service center.
jhawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhawthorne:
FYI, the Chevy dealer on the opposite side of I-4 from Turning Wheel is also an authorized Workhorse service center. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In Orlando at the recent Samboree I heard from several people that Bill Heard Chevrolet Inc. has been having legal challenges. People's opinion regarding this dealership seem at best condescending. Other that this comment I don't believe that I will embellish further.

The Orlando Sentinel