Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg I:
To answer the questions.

Yes I started at Workhorse who had the area rep. (Steve) call me. He told me the problem was that Coachmen put too many clearance lights on the coach and that the air bag failed because we use salt on the roads in the winter

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When did you talk to Steve about the electrical problem? Did he mention anything about the relay being available? If it was during your warranty time or if they knew about the relay solution during that time frame, maybe you could get Driver to talk to Steve and get it resolved for you.
Mike

ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #16

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:

I certainly did not say that at all. Go read my posts.
QUOTE]

I saw where you were saying the UltraPower stuff would void your warranty if it was installed,this according to your interpretation of the Workhorse bulletin!
Did you delete all of them,because you relized you were incorrect???

Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #17

Posted by Frontranger

Well, the phone will stop ringing soon when they see that Workhorse will void their warrantee if they install this gaget.

Why risk losing your warrantee? Because "Mike" says it is ok? Workhorse and GM says it's NOT ok.

2006 Winnebago Voyage 35A, W-22
8,600 feet elevation, Colorado

Is'nt this you FrontRanger???
Take a stand or get out of the way!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #18

Camper Cat...since you are new here, I will reply once to your off topic post, but please, lets keep this on topic.

Here is a direct cut and paste from the Workhorse/GM Service Bulletin about the aftermarket ECM's:

Any base engine or engine emissions system component damage or false codes caused by aftermarket changes will not be warranted by Workhorse Custom Chassis. The following are considered aftermarket installations that can cause engine or emission system damage:
" Any change in PCM, TCM or ECM calibrations

Now, the Henderson direct replacement springs have nothing to do with the Workhorse Service Bulletin which concerns aftermarket ECM's. Changing your shocks doesn't either.....
Old 05-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #19

FrontRanger,

Now I think your getting it,Ecm & performance enhancement's CAN void your warranty.You said installing this ECM gadget will void your warranty.Stick to your guns son!
If the Coil spring cracks the lower control arm,they will void the warranty on the related parts.That is a standard OEM warranty statement!!!
If your shock mount breaks off & other than OE shocks are installed the same principle applies,keep up this ain't rocket science,it's common sense!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by campercat:
FrontRanger,

Now I think your getting it,Ecm & performance enhancement's CAN void your warranty.You said installing this ECM gadget will void your warranty.Stick to your guns son!
If the Coil spring cracks the lower control arm,they will void the warranty on the related parts.That is a standard OEM warranty statement!!!
If your shock mount breaks off & other than OE shocks are installed the same principle applies,keep up this ain't rocket science,it's common sense! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Campercat, we have been going over this for weeks and some are like a broken record .
Marty
Old 05-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #21

Marty,

It just sounds like he was controdickting himself,that's all.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #22
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Holy Cow I just go to lunch and missed seven or eight posts,slow down I'm trying to keep up!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by campercat:
Marty,

It just sounds like he was controdickting himself,that's all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He does that all the time, It was not pointed at you at all.
Marty
Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #24

Marty,

I know it was'nt pointed at me.I just like my UltraPower & if someone does'nt feel the need for it,they don't need to let us know more than once.He seemed to be trying to unsell people on it.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #25

Greg, HERE is a recent post about the front springs replacement. You won't even have to fool around with those horrible air bags.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had 2 ignition switch failures on our previous coach 2001 Itasca Sunrise P32. One in warranty (with a tow), second one just out of warranty time wise.
Most times, squeaky wheel gets the grease. it did for us.
Second repair had the updated harness...so, Workhorse knows about this glitch.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:45 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
First: Re the workhorse service bulletin and the comment about springs.

The bit about after market modifications voiding warrantits is in every warranty and replies to every mod. I do agree that upgrade springs, trac bars sway bars and steering stablizers most likely will not void your warranty.. (And clearly won't on the engine) but if say a tie rod end snapped. A steering stablizer MIGHT be to blame.

Likewise selected other suspension compenets on the spring.

This language is part of just about every warranty ever written. It's not news, 19 pages in the thread and IT IS NOT NEWS.

I'v always found workhorse a pleasure to deal with. But fact is, some coach builders do choose a chassis that is too small for the job.

Ford, when they build SUV's is famous for this. One of the reasons the Ford Explorer used to roll over all the time had to do with the fact that the put too much SUV on too small a chassis

And Ford blamed Firestone for it. So don't tell me Ford does not do this.

Now, understand I"ve dealt with the lead heads at Ford customer service.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:21 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I hear so much about problems with the air bags I feel 2 years is enough, so I talked with Keith at Redlands Truck & Rv Performance and I'll be going in to get the new springs installed along with a front sway bar spreader and alignment.
Marty