RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #1

Possible leaking park brake actuator

hello all..i may have a possible leak on my auto park actuator.i have not had a chance to really get the area cleaned off. i added a little atf to bring the level up to the mid point on the reservoir indicating lines..and i may have spilled a little..if it is a small leak i believe it is where the reservoir attaches to the pump. is there an o ring or gasket that can be purchased be for i remove it and take it apart..thanx to all in advance..

2005 damon intruder 8.1 391w

Old Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Heli View Post
hello all..i may have a possible leak on my auto park actuator.i have not had a chance to really get the area cleaned off. i added a little atf to bring the level up to the mid point on the reservoir indicating lines..and i may have spilled a little..if it is a small leak i believe it is where the reservoir attaches to the pump. is there an o ring or gasket that can be purchased be for i remove it and take it apart..thanx to all in advance..

email to: oldusedbear11@charter.net

OR visit: www.rvautopark.com

edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #3

will try the bear but all i see on his site is about the j71 auto park..i have the j 72..im hopeing brasils rv will chime in or someone who has or knows the j72 system..thanx for the bears reference..awesome site
Old 10-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #4

Quote:
will try the bear but all i see on his site is about the j71 auto park..i have the j 72..im hopeing brasils rv will chime in or someone who has or knows the j72 system..thanx for the bears reference..awesome site

OOPS, sorry I missed that yours is a 2005 model. I'm guessing it is the W-24 series since your coach model looks too big for the P32.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #5

Quote:

Think I would clean it up good and watch it as long as the system is working correctly.

Do you know if the pump run occasionally while driving?

I found out mine was after installation of the Ultra Save system, which has an instrument panel buzzer call when the pump runs. I suspected this was happening. After the Ultra Save installation, my buzzer would go off occasionally while driving. After much diagnosis over time and working with Alan at Ultra RV, it turned out my pump was leaking internally and bleeding off pressure. Since I already had the Ultra Save installed, I was able to use the less expensive Ultra RV designed replacement pump for the J71 system.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #6

thanx mr.vetts for the response..i have cleaned up the entire area around the pump..aluminum housing attached to pump and area where resorvoir attaches to that...i will be moving the coach into storage this weekend i hope which is a drive of about 25 miles...will let everyone know the result..where was the leak showing up on your internally leaking pump..thank u and have a great day..

2005 damon intruder 8.1 w24
Old 10-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #7

ED
Sorry to correct you but Roger's E Mail is: rhaag11@charter.net
Lynn
Old 10-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #8

Quote:
thanx mr.vetts for the response..i have cleaned up the entire area around the pump..aluminum housing attached to pump and area where resorvoir attaches to that...i will be moving the coach into storage this weekend i hope which is a drive of about 25 miles...will let everyone know the result..where was the leak showing up on your internally leaking pump..thank u and have a great day..

2005 damon intruder 8.1 w24

Mine was leaking internally and not hold pressure.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #9

hello letmegrow..thanx for the contacts..but unfortunatly old bear seems to only deal with the j 71 brake and mine is the j72..thanx again

2005 damon intruder 391w 8.1 24wh chassis
Old 10-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #10

hello vettenuts..i was down to my ride today and was a little bit shocked..thought i had done a super job cleaning up the area..but to my surprise i saw a little weepage where the motor attaches to the alumimum block..if u look at it from the front u can see a couple threads going into the motor down near the bottom of the motor and u can feel then same indentation on the motor 180 degrees on the back side of the motor...this leads me to believe the motor is attached with two screws..i cleaned it up again on this screw and under the motor..will ckeck it again on friday..but am starting to think i may have a static leak

2005 damon intruder 391w 8.1 w24 chassis
Old 10-23-2019, 06:19 PM   #11

Call Ultra RV Products and ask for Alan Sanders. He may be able to provide insight on the tank attachment and specifics of the o-ring if that is how it is sealed.

Wonder if your tank cracked? This can be an issue with older plastic tanks.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:55 AM   #12

Quote:
hello letmegrow..thanx for the contacts..but unfortunatly old bear seems to only deal with the j 71 brake and mine is the j72..thanx again

2005 damon intruder 391w 8.1 24wh chassis
I should have said that in my post correcting the E-Mail for Roger.
Vettenuts has a good suggestion. Call Alan at Brazell's. Although my MH has the J 71 system Alan was very helpful when I had a problem.
I didn't buy anything from them at that time but when I bought new shocks I bought from them just because they were so helpful when I needed it.
Roger has sent me enough information on the J 71 to fill the Library of Congress. He helped me out right after I bought my MH.
Lynn
Old 10-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #13

I'm not for sure which actuator my 2000 Winnebago has but my park light would come on intermittently while driving and come to find out it was the shutoff switch on the pump. The ugly green switch I believe it is nicknamed.
David 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #14

thanx everyone for your thoughts and suggestions..was at the coach today and again a drop or less on the bracket directly below where the pump attaches to the aluminum block..im guessing there is an o ring or gasket at that attachment point..am going to call brazells on monday ..i am moving the coach to storage this weekend a 25 mile drive..will be interseting to see how much fluid is lost in a half hour drive..will be interesting to hear what alan says..if it cant be repaired i have a permanent way to fix the problem safely..i will keep everyone informed on my solution because im sure a lot of people with the j72 will be interested..one thing im really curious about is i have not heard of any problems with the actual driveshaft brake leaking..there must be some kind of hyd. piston or similar device to an old school wheel cylinder for the old car brakes..but have not seen an exploded view of the drive shaft brake.sorry for being long winded..but we will fix this together for the betterment of the j72 auto park.....

2005 damon intruder 8.1 w24 leaking j72 auto brake...
have a super weekend everyone

Tags
brake, leak