Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
After leaving the Rally on our way home we had to stop & get a few things Chassis related repaired.
1. While at the Rally I mentioned I heard a loud roar coming from the engine area & was told it was the Electric cooling fan & that the noise was normal. Well it seemed to get louder So I started to investagate & that the fan blade had come off the motor shaft & was rubbing against the radiator.

Larger pic can be seen here>> http://we2rv.com/sightseer/fan-damage-med.jpg

2. I hear a clunk sound when going in or out of driveway & when hitting bumps in the roads. I found the right end of the Stab. bar was no longer attached to the frame. A bolt had either broke or come loose & fell out.

Larger pic can be seen here>> http://we2rv.com/sightseer/front-stab-barMed.jpg

3. Before the Rally I had an alighment done & I asked about how much air I should have in the 2 front air bags inside the coil springs & was told there were there to level the rig & if it was level they were OK. This is a Workhorse repair shop.At the Rally I found out the bags should have a starting air pressure of 90 in them & to adjust them from there. Mine had 26 & 41PSI.

I stopped at Tillery Chevrolet in Moriarty, NM & there were able to get me right in to see what was wrong & they ordered the front fan assembly & WH shipped it out that day Overnight & they put it in the next day. They also repaired the Stab. Bar & filled the air Bags.

I can still hear when the fan comes on but it is a lot quiter than it was & the ride is a lot better with the correct amount of air in the bags.
If you ever need work when in NM I ca say Tillery Chevrolet in Moriarty, NM is great I am very happy with their service & the folks there.
Mike
>>>>>>>>>>>
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
After leaving the Rally on our way home we had to stop & get a few things Chassis related repaired.
1. While at the Rally I mentioned I heard a loud roar coming from the engine area & was told it was the Electric cooling fan & that the noise was normal. Well it seemed to get louder So I started to investagate & that the fan blade had come off the motor shaft & was rubbing against the radiator.

Larger pic can be seen here>> http://we2rv.com/sightseer/fan-damage-med.jpg

2. I hear a clunk sound when going in or out of driveway & when hitting bumps in the roads. I found the right end of the Stab. bar was no longer attached to the frame. A bolt had either broke or come loose & fell out.

Larger pic can be seen here>> http://we2rv.com/sightseer/front-stab-barMed.jpg

3. Before the Rally I had an alighment done & I asked about how much air I should have in the 2 front air bags inside the coil springs & was told there were there to level the rig & if it was level they were OK. This is a Workhorse repair shop.At the Rally I found out the bags should have a starting air pressure of 90 in them & to adjust them from there. Mine had 26 & 41PSI.

I stopped at Tillery Chevrolet in Moriarty, NM & there were able to get me right in to see what was wrong & they ordered the front fan assembly & WH shipped it out that day Overnight & they put it in the next day. They also repaired the Stab. Bar & filled the air Bags.

I can still hear when the fan comes on but it is a lot quiter than it was & the ride is a lot better with the correct amount of air in the bags.
If you ever need work when in NM I ca say Tillery Chevrolet in Moriarty, NM is great I am very happy with their service & the folks there.
Mike
>>>>>>>>>>>
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good to know.
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote