Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #15

Wow wow those r so expensive. Ma by I should check out the Bilsteins also
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #16

I have Bilsteins on our W-24 Adventurer and Koni FSD's on our W22 SunCruiser. Obviously the two chassis and coaches are quite different but there is no comparison between how my two motorhomes ride. The Koni's are far superior in ride comfort. The Bilstein shocks seem very harsh on pavement breaks and road expansions like bridge approaches and expansion joints. Maybe it's just the difference in the two coaches.

I will be installing Koni FSD's on the Adventurer this fall when I get back down to it. After just 1000 miles I realize that I need to try something to get the Adventurer to ride like my old SunCruiser.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
I will be installing Koni FSD's on the Adventurer this fall when I get back down to it. After just 1000 miles I realize that I need to try something to get the Adventurer to ride like my old SunCruiser.
Koni FSD Shocks are great That said; Bilstein has an "after market" shock for Workhorse applications that provides very good control and comfort. I have not experienced these shocks however I know that owners who get them are usually satisfied. It is alleged that the OEM Bilsteins were cranked in a little tight due to the past experience with the black Monroe shocks that we suffered through in the early stages when WCC wanted to develop a like air suspension. The black Monroe shocks had absolutely no resistance or rebound compression when removed - it was almost like an accordion. Koni FSD Shocks were like manna from heaven! (still are in my opinion)
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmantwo View Post
Wow wow those r so expensive. Ma by I should check out the Bilsteins also
You will find that after market Bilstein Shocks are going to be in the ballpark in regard to price. The Koni FSD is a nice shock and if you are going to do this, you need to do all 4 corners at once.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Koni FSD Shocks are great That said; Bilstein has an "after market" shock for Workhorse applications that provides very good control and comfort. I have not experienced these shocks however I know that owners who get them are usually satisfied. It is alleged that the OEM Bilsteins were cranked in a little tight due to the past experience with the black Monroe shocks that we suffered through in the early stages when WCC wanted to develop a like air suspension. The black Monroe shocks had absolutely no resistance or rebound compression when removed - it was almost like an accordion. Koni FSD Shocks were like manna from heaven! (still are in my opinion)
Thanks for the info.

The Bilstein shocks on my Adventurer are the gold and blue ones but I'm quite sure they are the factory installed originals. I took one off to make sure there wasn't something wrong with it and right away i knew it was quite different than the Konis because it was gas charged and stroked out to full extension.

Based on my experience with the Koni FSD's on the SunCruiser (40,000 miles on those shocks now) I am leaning toward the Koni's.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #20

Well it looks like Konis win out. $165.Bucks each need to save all my change for a bit. Thanks all
Ronnie
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:09 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Good choice. You're going to be s happy man. [emoji106]

Tags