Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2005, 06:44 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anyone ever had their 8.1 engine replaced by WH? If so what was the reason.
Father Mulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2005, 06:44 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anyone ever had their 8.1 engine replaced by WH? If so what was the reason.
Father Mulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Steve, WH replaced the engine in my unit last summer (10K miles). As best we can determine, I had a series of engine anomolies that were heat related which resulted in the engine self destructing. After replacing the engine and installing the "vent kit" it appears everything is AOK. I want to commend WH for their cooperation and positive attitude to "make it right."
Dick
Old 02-04-2005, 11:21 AM   #4

The Godfather, that is very good news, I'am glad Workhorse step up to the plate and took care of it for you. Ed
Old 04-22-2005, 05:35 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After replacing the engine and installing the "vent kit" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please godfather - what was the "vet kit" that wh installed?
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:21 AM   #6

YOSEMITEBOBR : try going here : http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8626012545/m/496101279
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:39 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
One of the members of my camping group had his 2004 8.1 engine replaced at 3300 miles. He had the oil pump shaft break which caused a catastrofic engine failure. We were on the way to a rally in Va. Workhorse replaced the engine and picked up the tab for lodging, food, and a rental car. Took three weeks to get the new engine shipped and replaced. Workhorse said they have had several of these oil pump shafts break. They said there was a small number of engines that were produced with these defective shafts. The new engine has 5500 miles on it with no problems.
davebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:40 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Godfather:
Steve, WH replaced the engine in my unit last summer (10K miles). As best we can determine, I had a series of engine anomolies that were heat related which resulted in the engine self destructing. After replacing the engine and installing the "vent kit" it appears everything is AOK. I want to commend WH for their cooperation and positive attitude to "make it right."
Dick </div></BLOCKQUOTE> a series of engine anomolies that were heat related which resulted in the engine self destructing. What were these anomolies. I had the vent kit installed because I fried the spark pluss, wires and insulaters, but now I have engine noise thaqt was not there before.

Thanks

rver1776@yahoo.com
rver1776 is offline   Reply With Quote