Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #29
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelman View Post
My tires are 4/2002 production date and are GY 670RV 19.5. They are in perfect condition. Always covered and run at 100 PSI all the time. They are made of quality rubber in my opinion. I will keep running them until next year. Then I will change out the fronts for 2 new GY's. They will have my business again. BTW, never rotated them since new. 30k now and 80% left on rears and 70% on fronts.

I would not, under any circumstances, run tires that old on any rv that I own in light of the many previous posts on this and other forums about the questionable safety of tires that age. At the absolute minimum, I would replace the front steer tires with something like Hankook, Hercules, Yokohama or Toyos. The evidence and numerous negative posts about GY quality is more than adequate for me to not even consider them in the future. It is, however, your decision and I wish you the best of luck.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just got a reply from the tire dealer I have planned on using up in Oregon (no sales tax, less cost), that there are no Hercules tires my size in any of the US warehouses and they could not be available by the time I am at his location.
Sounds like a bait and switch to me. HELLO HERCULES TIRE???? or is it good bye Hercules tire and hello -----------tire?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #31

They are being used as fast as they can make them. It took 2 weeks to get mine. They had a DOT date 11 2012. These are newly made. Just good tires for a good price.
1lukeduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lukeduke View Post
They are being used as fast as they can make them. It took 2 weeks to get mine. They had a DOT date 11 2012. These are newly made. Just good tires for a good price.
thanks Likeduke, definately not a bait and switch as he told me if I could get them here local in San Jose I should buy them here as their warehouses have no inventory in the 19.5 size.
Bebop

Tags
tires