RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been reading this forum for a number of years now, and it seems to me, may just be my perception, but the same problems continue to show up in this forum. Do people not read old posts? The w20 and w22 have repeated, continuous same issues. ( By the way Workhorse doesn't seem interested in fixing, buy the new chassis!)

For those with problems, Search the issues doing a FIND, read the fixes, apply the recommendations and move on.

I am getting bored with the same old discussions, should I put a trac bar on? how much mileage will a UP give me, what will a steer safe do for me? How about air bags, my dash air doesn't work, my fan makes noise, CAI kits till your blue in the face!!! My chassis has a thumping sound!

How many times do these issues have to be discussed and beat into the ground.

Isn't there any new issues out there?? I have now lost interest in this forum and started reading more interesting posts on other forums.

Sad Sad, but true!

BellaBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been reading this forum for a number of years now, and it seems to me, may just be my perception, but the same problems continue to show up in this forum. Do people not read old posts? The w20 and w22 have repeated, continuous same issues. ( By the way Workhorse doesn't seem interested in fixing, buy the new chassis!)

For those with problems, Search the issues doing a FIND, read the fixes, apply the recommendations and move on.

I am getting bored with the same old discussions, should I put a trac bar on? how much mileage will a UP give me, what will a steer safe do for me? How about air bags, my dash air doesn't work, my fan makes noise, CAI kits till your blue in the face!!! My chassis has a thumping sound!

How many times do these issues have to be discussed and beat into the ground.

Isn't there any new issues out there?? I have now lost interest in this forum and started reading more interesting posts on other forums.

Sad Sad, but true!

Old 06-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Streamerman:
Isn't there any new issues out there?? I have now lost interest in this forum and started reading more interesting posts on other forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Steamerman, We're all ears if you have a topic of conversation that you would care to pursue but I'm sure that it's been discussed here before.

What is your old is someone else's new!

At this moment I am supporting the Gulstreamers International Convention in Goshen, IN at the Elkhart Fairground. Dinner was great!

We can talk about that if you like. I met 2 - iRV2 members here today while working my display area. Nice people and the comment was it's nice to put a face to a screen name.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Steamerman, I don't know about you but I am glad that there are new people logging on and they are finding the answers to questions that we (users who have been reading and posting for a couple of years) already know about. It also says there are no new issues cropping up with the older coaches (mine is a 2002) which is a good thing. I keep reading because you never know what is going to come up as a coach ages and gets some miles on it (hopefully none except regular maintenance).

If your are bored then two things are going on 1) your coach is running as it should and 2) your not reading about something to watch for.

Enjoy it.

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #5

I, too am glad to see some of the posts that come up time and again. I agree that people should use the search function, but many are new and are not aware that the function even exists. I have also read many different fixes for seemingly the same problem. Gives us all a good chance for preventive maintenance, or a choice of fixes for our own problems. I have often been able to use the opportunity to provide a correct answer for another newbee. Personally, I never get bored reading the responses.

I know that Workhorse does in fact follow this forum. Hopefully when enough complaints are posted about a specific problem, they will use the information to continue to improve on their product.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I appreciate all your replies, and yes this has been an informative forum for me in the past. I especially like DriVer's participation and interest. I'm sure all the responses have helped many as they get to know their way around.

Perhaps I was feeling too many of the same issues continue. I will continue to monitor and surely will find some useful info to me too.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:21 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will continue to monitor and surely will find some useful info to me too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Glad to know you are NOT leaving! Under the heading of "new" I think you will find three posts just on this current page. The P chassis info certainly is refreshingly accurate and from a NEW expert, the Air Lift discussion and the Pulsar Plugs all seem new to me. Of course, that could be due to my Oldtimers disease kickin in again, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
I for one am glad to see the same issues here all the time. If every time I logged on, I read about new issues I would be concerned that the Workhorse chassis is more problematic than it is. We have only a handful of issues here (unfortunately I have had most of them) so there is not much to discuss except the same thing over and over again. So sit down, relax, have a beer, and read some other forums to fill your time.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:34 AM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
This thread reminds me of the guy at the summer time ice fishing practice. First, he wanted the simulated hole painted a different color on the gymnasium floor and the next week he wanted the chairs aligned in a square rather than in a circle. The rest of us couldn't concentrate on technique so we have him trying to make ice on the Zamboni.

Sorry guys, I forgot to take my "meds" last night.
US Army 1968-70 SETAF 559th HHD S4
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:03 AM   #10

welcome to the world of vehicle forums
parts_expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
One of the issues with the "Same Same" things is that the search function is a bit too good.

For examnple, you search on an issue and it hits on each and every post that has ever referenced that issue, including all the replies where the issue is quoted, and, well. you get hundreds of hits.

It is easier to start a new thread than it is to plough through all those hits. More so if you are on dial up.

As for the issues that you say Workhorse is not interested in fixing? What are they?

Spark plug wires melting: Not a workhorse issue, this is the fault of the house builder, and Workhorse has told them how to fix it.

Auto-Park brake system: They have made serious improvements there.

Handling: Again this is really a house issue, a stripped down Workhorse Custom Chassis should handle much like a sports car as compared to a top heavy motor home.

These are just a few of the issues.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:34 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">summer time ice fishing practice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WHAAAAT ? DonavanP: aren't ya'll afraid the gym floor will be too thin and you'll all fall thru? You need to move someplace where the fish don't hide under ice! And, lets face it, how much practice do you need to jig up and down thru a small hole?

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming. ED
Old 06-20-2007, 05:05 AM   #13

Jayco Owners Club
Edgray

Thanks for not kicking me off the IRV2 forum.
US Army 1968-70 SETAF 559th HHD S4
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for not kicking me off the IRV2 forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
SHUCKS, we would never do that. We like people who wear Green Top Hats! (I'm originally from Savannah, home to the 2nd largest St Patrick's Day celebration in the US.) ED