Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I've been trying without any luck to get a question answered about the Scan Gauge II by sending an email to their Customer Service folks.

Somewhere I thought I'd read their latest (newest) version of the Scan Gauge II was going to include the Allison Transmission temperature as one of their reporting parameters.

Has anyone here heard this, and/or purchased one of these things lately and knows the answer to my question?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I've been trying without any luck to get a question answered about the Scan Gauge II by sending an email to their Customer Service folks.

Somewhere I thought I'd read their latest (newest) version of the Scan Gauge II was going to include the Allison Transmission temperature as one of their reporting parameters.

Has anyone here heard this, and/or purchased one of these things lately and knows the answer to my question?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob (WA0MQE):
Has anyone here heard this, and/or purchased one of these things lately and knows the answer to my question? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>DepChief just bought one direct from SG and the SG folks told him that it's coming very soon.

#14,999
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers

Bob I recently purchased a Scan Gauge II and asked if they had an option for Transmission Temperature. The salesman told me that they are presently testing the Trans Temp option and are very close to releasing for production.

Based on what I was told you can wait about 3 weeks and call to check if it is in fact going into production, around the first of September.

Since I wanted the unit for a major trip beginning in September I opted to have the present model shipped.

I also think that the present model could be sent back to them for reprogramming, of course they would charge for the service.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
From what I have heard you'd have to install a sending unit in the transmission cooling line. The Allison has no temperature sensing capabilities.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:49 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tom N... I don't know how they do it, but the other scan gauge company "AeroForce" who makes the Interceptor Scan Gauge has the Transmission Temperature on their's.

This was confirmed by a post here on the Workhorse Forum.

I'd get one of those but it's more expensive and it only shows up to two things on a round 2-1/2" gauge. I like the style and size of the ScanGauge II by Linear-Logic.

-------------
After I wrote this I went back and did a search on the Aeroforce and although the individual, did say his read transmission temperature, I'm not so sure if he has the Allison tranny. He doesn't show his motorhome data, so he might have a GM tranny.

Also Aeroforce stated back in mid-2006 they too were working on upgrading their unit to include Allison tranny temperature.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:38 AM   #7

Where/how do you get the Trouble Codes (2003 W-22) to use with the Scan Gauge II (Linear Logic)? I was unable to get them from the Workhorse site. Also tried Google w/no luck.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I like the AutoTap. 100's of parameters can be displayed but you need a laptop in your motorhome. I think I'll get one of these before we leave for FL in Oct.

http://www.autotap.com/product_family.asp?FamilyId=260

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tom N... I don't know how they do it, but the other scan gauge company "AeroForce" who makes the Interceptor Scan Gauge has the Transmission Temperature on their's.

This was confirmed by a post here on the Workhorse Forum.

I'd get one of those but it's more expensive and it only shows up to two things on a round 2-1/2" gauge. I like the style and size of the ScanGauge II by Linear-Logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, I have an AirForce installed in my 04 WH, 8.1, Allison 1000. It displays far more than 2 items, perhaps you mean "at a time" as that is what it does.. It has 2 scrollable displays, button changable to any pair you want to see, TRANS TEMP included..Tell the truth, most turn out to be of limited interest to me, but they are there. I pretty much leave the display on engine coolant temp, and trans temp, but occasionally take a peek at such things as current HP, fuel consumption etc, but it is a little distracting for me to change while driving, so I pretty much stick to the 2 temps.. All data comes from the data port..rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote