Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob (WA0MQE):
Wanted to bump this back to the top to see if anyone has talked anymore with Scangauge to find out if they've fixed the Transmission Temp issue.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been staying in touch with Scan Gauge Tech. Joey. After reading your post this morning I E-mailed him and this is what he had to say.
--------------
We will have it working for the Allison. I wish I could give a date, but unfortunately there is no way to tell.

I wish I had better news, but I am confident that we will get it working soon.

Thanks,
Joey

----- Original Message -----
To: joey.snyder@linear-logic.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: Follow up, Trans. temp. reading on the 8.1 Allison Xmisson.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the update Joey, I may wait awhile before going ahead with the Aeroforce.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I E-mailed our Scan Gauge contact this morning regarding the Allison Temp. feature. His reply.

----- Original Message -----
To: joey.snyder@linear-logic.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: Follow up, Trans. temp. reading on the 8.1 Allison Xmisson.

Joey, any updates to report on the Allison Temp. thing?
Pat.
---------------------------------------------
Reply from Scan Gauge;

I'm sorry to keep you and everyone waiting for so long, we are trying to get it done before the new year. Hopefully we can make it by then.
Joey

------------------------------------------------
FMCA 212171
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Glad to hear it's somming soon, my upcoming trip plans involve some long climbs.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Scan Gauge II update. This morning I talked with Scan Gauge, regarding the Scan Gauge feature to read the Allison trans. temps. I was told by the tech.,Joey, now they don't know when they will have it working. Changed from first of Jan. 08.
I've been told they need an 8.1 Allison setup to figure it out and could use a volunteer or two?

For information or updates call Joey at:
http://www.scangauge.com/contactus.shtml

Pat
FMCA 212171
Old 01-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #20

I have a CarChip Pro Model 8226 on order I will get it this week. It is only $100. http://www.familysafemedia.com/carch...6_car_chi.html it records up to 300hrs of data depending on scan rate. And can be down loaded to computer for a much better review.
unclesmirf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FreshAir:
Scan Gauge II update. This morning I talked with Scan Gauge, regarding the Scan Gauge feature to read the Allison trans. temps. I was told by the tech.,Joey, now they don't know when they will have it working. Changed from first of Jan. 08.
I've been told they need an 8.1 Allison setup to figure it out and could use a volunteer or two?

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Pat,

Just spoke with Joey S. and discussed volunteering my rig. No specifics yet. Need to work out the logistics when they are ready.

Marty
Old 01-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #22

I could possibly volunteer my rig for trials as well.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FreshAir:

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ScanGauge needs some help send them my earlier post in this subject thread. I'll quote below.

"The Allison 1000/2100mh series of transmissions does have a temperature sensor but it is located in the sump. This sensor can be read using Allison's proprietary PC-based diagnostic tool software (and apparently by the Interceptor gauge). The normal operating temperature range for the sump is 160F - 200F."

"The temperature that is of most interest to the driver is the converter-out temperature. To read the converter-out temperature a sending unit has to be installed in the line from the "to cooler" port on the bottom of the transmission to the cooler and as close to the transmission as possible. The normal operating temperature for this sending unit is 180F - 220F."

[Source: Allison Mechanic Tips 1000 and 2000 Products Families]

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote