Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #1

OK,LETS SAY YOU JUST BOUGHT A NEW M.H. A WCC WITH A 8.1 AND YOU GO ON THE INTERNET AND YOU SEE ALL THESE THINGS THAT PEOPLE ARE CONCENERD ABOUT AND HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH...WHERE DO I START....BRAKES..SPARKPLUG WIRES..ULTRAPOWER..FILTERS ect. ANY HELP WOULD REALLY HELP ME.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #2

OK,LETS SAY YOU JUST BOUGHT A NEW M.H. A WCC WITH A 8.1 AND YOU GO ON THE INTERNET AND YOU SEE ALL THESE THINGS THAT PEOPLE ARE CONCENERD ABOUT AND HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH...WHERE DO I START....BRAKES..SPARKPLUG WIRES..ULTRAPOWER..FILTERS ect. ANY HELP WOULD REALLY HELP ME.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jayson:
OK,LETS SAY YOU JUST BOUGHT A NEW M.H. A WCC WITH A 8.1 AND YOU GO ON THE INTERNET AND YOU SEE ALL THESE THINGS THAT PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT AND HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH...WHERE DO I START....BRAKES..SPARKPLUG WIRES..ULTRAPOWER..FILTERS ect. ANY HELP WOULD REALLY HELP ME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Jason, Congratulations may be in order on the purchase of your new motorhome. Please don't concern yourself with conditions that you have no control over. Your best bet to assure a good vehicle - owner relationship is to accomplish all your routine maintenance when it's due. Get to know your vehicle before you seek any changes.

Could you please let us know what type and model coach you purchased so anyone having close to the same model as you can reply.

One thing that may also lessen your concern is to look at all the other threads in which people have problems. You will see that no single brand of motorhome chassis is immune to having difficulties.

Welcome to iRV2.com and I hope that you can come and visit us often. Communication is lower case is allowed and often preferred. Thanks for joining the forum.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I would love have you come by so I could sell you all that stuff. But, I don't work that way.

Drive your rig as is until you find out what you need/don't need or what you like/don't liek. Do, good maintenance and fix anything that needs fixing. But as the saying goes, "If ain't broke - don't fix it."
Old 02-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
jayson, welcome to irv2. Not sure what other internet places you have seen info about rv'ing and in particular the WCC 8.1 but IMO you found the best.

Rest assured you made a good choice with the 8.1 as is. DriVer and oemtech, 2 of most knowlegable individuals on this site, have already given you the best advice you'll hear. Use it, enjoy it and keep up with routine / preventive maintenance. If after time there is a problem or you want to tweek it, address it then.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
jayson;

Welcome to IRV2. You have come to the right place for Workhorse information. I would not get alarmed about problems. There are a lot of us who have not had any major problems. I suspect we are the silent majority. I have 32000 miles on my W22 and I am a Happy Camper. Post often and keep us informed of your travel experiences.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 02-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You will find that the number of people who don't have problems far out number the people who do. They just don't complane about not having problems.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by speed racer:
They just don't complain about not having problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>speed racer, Now that's a problem.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 02-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #9

We drove our WCC with the 8.1 for 8 years over 55,000 miles and no problems or add on to it.

Would love to have that engine in our new class C.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with Jayson.
Altho I admit, I don't follow the other chassis forums like I do this one; I likely would have ruled out WH if I had read this forum for 6 months prior to my puchase.
Almost everyone has had problems with the Actia and many to most have had problems with burnt wires, brakes and autopark.
Since some have'nt had these problems, I would'nt brag since yours is made with the same parts.
There's no way that WH does'nt know the Actia is a dud and they certainly know they have caliper problems too but try to blame it on the very person that supports their company, their customer. I'm sure they blame Chevrolet or the OEM for Autopark and burnt wires.
I wonder when and if some major changes can be expected since International bought them.
Denver, Colorado
Old 02-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #11

Any product will have problems but the question is, how the problem is addressed by the chassis or box builder It seems some people with brake problems are helped by workhorse and some are not. I haven`t had brake problems after having original recall done but the posts about the brake pedal going to the floor are making me very nervous.
With this in the back of your mind all the time I can`t say this thing is a pleasure to drive anymore.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Jayson;

The Workhorse gas chassis has the best warranty of any RV gas chassis.

*5 years or 100,000 mile Limited Powertrain Warranty on the gas powered RV chassis. Limited powertrain warranty includes engine, transmission and rear axle assembly for all 2007 model year gas chassis. If chassis is equipped with Allison transmission see Allison transmission warranty terms below.

*The 2007 chassis with Allison Transmissions comes with a 5 year/200,000 mile warranty. This warranty is handled through Allison Service Centers.

BTW, I've never needed any warranty work on my 2005 W24 and I haven't done any chassis or engine mods because, IMHO, none were needed.

-Tom

Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 02 WH had brake problems before the recall and I have had the same brake (rear ddriver)
probllem after WH replace all 4 caliber. Luck both times as I discovered the problem before
it became critical. (LOSS OF BRAKEING)
With that I am still happy with my WH overall!!!!!

Now my next question is will I be lucky when they overheat the NEXT time?????
I am waitig for Dale to come up with a brake systerm warning to tell me
if I have a brake that is draging Something that is relative inexpensive and
simpleto install, say for 2 or 3 hundred dollars. It could save me and mine,
also the people in the car in front of me!!!!Or very least the 2 thousnad plus
dollars that people are paying for calibers, rotors and pads replacements...T/V
Old 02-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jayson it will be interesting to know what problem you have first, please keep us posted
Closed Thread