Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #15

Found the link. Seems like a well cared for coach. Probably worth the $69k asking price. The UFO’s are very cool. Lots of forum members have them and really like them.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Found the link. Seems like a well cared for coach. Probably worth the $69k asking price. The UFO’s are very cool. Lots of forum members have them and really like them.
It is really nice.

Also its got hige tanks.

Wife and I agreee not to upgrade until next year. Also still owe 10k on current coach.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #17

The one I am looking at is on the 26k chassis. Basement air though.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #18

I am going to start a separate thread on UFO.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMH View Post
The one I am looking at is on the 26k chassis. Basement air though.
I think all UFO's are on the 26k chassis.

The UFO based coaches are all very nice. They were considered a step above the other front engine gas coaches of the time. The flat floor up to and between the driver and passenger seats is very nice The noise of the motor is moved out back so it has a much quieter ride. Cabinetry and finishes are top of the line for a gas coach. 100 gallon fuel tank is very nice.

There may be a few drawbacks of the UFO chassis but you rarely hear owners complain about them. They were not offered with the "Store More" basements. There are very few if any floor plans that offer opposing living room slides. The engine may be sightly more difficult to work on but once you get used to it I'm sure this isn't a big deal.

I think many people consider the UFO chassis coach to be one step above a front engine gasser and one step below a Diesel Pusher.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #20

Quote:
I think all UFO's are on the 26k chassis.

The UFO based coaches are all very nice. They were considered a step above the other front engine gas coaches of the time. The flat floor up to and between the driver and passenger seats is very nice The noise of the motor is moved out back so it has a much quieter ride. Cabinetry and finishes are top of the line for a gas coach. 100 gallon fuel tank is very nice.

There may be a few drawbacks of the UFO chassis but you rarely hear owners complain about them. They were not offered with the "Store More" basements. There are very few if any floor plans that offer opposing living room slides. The engine may be sightly more difficult to work on but once you get used to it I'm sure this isn't a big deal.

I think many people consider the UFO chassis coach to be one step above a front engine gasser and one step below a Diesel Pusher.
I recall it had decent sized storage bays.
The flat floor was nice.

The one thing is at 2008 for 70k I could get a DP for the same price.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #21

Quote:
I recall it had decent sized storage bays.
The flat floor was nice.

The one thing is at 2008 for 70k I could get a DP for the same price.
Yep, pretty much. Many DP's will have opposing slides in the living room for a width of over 12'. They will also come with a few hundred extra ftlbs of torque for climbing hills or pulling a load. They are also likely to have air ride suspensions. Most will have pass through basements too.

A DP will also come with a host of drawbacks. More expensive fuel. More expensive maintenance. More complex mechanical systems. More difficult to find repair facilities depending on where you are. Every piece and part of the chassis is more expensive to maintain and repair on a DP as compared to a gas coach.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Yep, pretty much. Many DP's will have opposing slides in the living room for a width of over 12'. They will also come with a few hundred extra ftlbs of torque for climbing hills or pulling a load. They are also likely to have air ride suspensions. Most will have pass through basements too.

A DP will also come with a host of drawbacks. More expensive fuel. More expensive maintenance. More complex mechanical systems. More difficult to find repair facilities depending on where you are. Every piece and part of the chassis is more expensive to maintain and repair on a DP as compared to a gas coach.
Opposing slides would be really nice.

For 70k I would be hoping for something newer.

I recall the sales guy said It was on consignment.

Do you think its worth test driving.

One problem is my 35ft already is too big for its storage bay.

[ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180111_175705.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	189519  
Old 01-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Opposing slides would be really nice.

For 70k I would be hoping for something newer.

I recall the sales guy said It was on consignment.

Do you think its worth test driving.

One problem is my 35ft already is too big for its storage bay.

[ATTACH
Well $70k is a pretty solid deal on that coach. It's by far the cheapest Itasca/Winnebago UFO for sale right now on RV Trader. It appears to be in very good condition from the pictures. It is 10k more and has 20k more miles than the Adventurer I bought a year ago. I do think there may be better deals on front engine gas coaches out there.

I believe the 37G is just under 38' long overall so it will be longer than your current Damon.

You might consider test driving it just so you know what the UFO chassis drives like. Since you aren't planning to buy for a year the test drive will just be for your enjoyment.

Here is the brochure for the 2008 Itasca Latitudes.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Well $70k is a pretty solid deal on that coach. It's by far the cheapest Itasca/Winnebago UFO for sale right now on RV Trader. It appears to be in very good condition from the pictures. It is 10k more and has 20k more miles than the Adventurer I bought a year ago. I do thing there may be better deals on front engine gas coaches out there.

I believe the 37G is just under 38' long overall so it will be longer than your current Damon.

You might consider test driving it just so you know what the UFO chassis drives like. Since you aren't planning to buy for a year the test drive will just be for your enjoyment.

Here is the brochure for the 2008 Itasca Latitudes.
I will try to get there after work to check it out.

I mentioned the holding tank sizes to my wife ans ahe was very impressed. Its definitely a mucher nicer rig than our current one. If I drove it and liked it I could get my hands on the cash. Would need to trade mine though as nothing is selling around here at the moment.

Tags
allison, workhorse