Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #43

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The 'analogy' is that they both stop leaks. I hope they don't put stop leak in the radiator when it's new, I would hope they would build it so it doesn't leak.
There are a lot of "mechanic in a can" products to stop leaks for tires, transmissions, power steering, engine oil, radiators. I've heard of people putting a raw egg in the radiator to stop a leak . It does'nt take much to stop up a small hole. I'd just prefer to not have it in my radiator unless I had to.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2006, 01:23 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tenn.Vol.:
I only change MOBILE 1 in the fall, thats one time a yr. I usually run 5 to 6k a yr. but did do over 12K one yr.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Although using the Mobil 1 M1-111 is the filter of choice while using Mobil's synthetic oil, WIX makes really good filters.

Mobil got it right when they designed the 1/2 quart filter and it's clear that saw no benefit in increasing the capacity to a larger filter.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:24 AM   #45

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
The left side has 3 fittings the right side 5 fittings the drive shaft has 6 and the Z-bar has 1. That's 15 fittings. All present and accounted for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DriVer,

Me thinks you got your left and right mixed up, on mine I have 5 zerks on the left and 3 on the right , however, what is the "Z-bar". I do all my own servicing and I'm not sure if this is something I've missed, or is it because I have a 35U on a shorter chassis?

Thanks!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:26 AM   #46

Workhorse Chassis Owner
MAX49, I like you dont want a stop leak in my radiator, but let me tell this story!
A couple of yrs. ago while camping in Daytona ther was a 10 or 12yr. old camper next
to me. The camper looked as good as it came off the showroom floor. In conversation
with the gentlemen I said that my friend TONY just had a water pump replace in JAX.
FL. and it was $1,200.00 and had he had any water pump trouble? He went on to say
that he watches the weep hole just to keep ahead of such prolems, and HA a couple of
yrs ago, he had WEEP. So off to the Chevy dealer and a NEW Delco pump he did install.
And the NEW pump had a bigger WEEP than the old pump. Back to the dealler, and the
service writer gave him 2 pills the size of a large nickle. Instructed to put in one
and run engine thru several heat cycles, and if it still weeping to use the other.
One was all he needed.

The story goes on, as he took the Corvette factory tour in KY. (I think.) He said that
at the end of the line before the Corvette goes out the door a lady would put in 2 tablet
in the radiator. Upon concersation with her she said the pills were to keep the coolant
leaks to a minimun and 2 tablets went into ever car. SAD BUT TRUE!!!!TENN.VOL.

Just ran across this, GM radiator "SEAL TABS" #12378254--5 Pellets treat 32qt. or
8 gal. Keep your GM all original, use only GM factory approved parts. TENN.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old Snipe:
Me thinks you got your left and right mixed up, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for responding to this thread. My orientation was determined by standing IFO the MH at looking at the vehicle. Not from the driver's seat.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #48

No problem DriVer, confused is my normal state.

About that elusive Z-bar zerk fitting, should I be looking at the left side or the right side?

Best Regards!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old Snipe:
About that elusive Z-bar Zerk fitting, should I be looking at the left side or the right side? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The "Z Bar" or "Bell Crank" or "Brake Pedal Relay Pivot" is located on the right side of the hood opening at approximately eye level. The vertical bar is typically a brass colored tube that is directly attached in between the brake pedal and the input rod to the master cylinder.

The bar can be tapped and a zirk fitting installed so that it may be lubricated. If missing ask your Workhorse Service Center to install one the very next time you go for service. The cost will vary from "Free" to 30 minutes plus parts depending on the facility's policies.

Free is a good thing but it's not considered to be a warranty item.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:05 AM   #50

Thanks Mike, that is one I did miss.

As always, you're a walking (DrVing) encyclopedia of Workhorse knowledge!

Best Regards!

Old 03-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #51

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
I picked up a tube of the red Valvoline sticky grease, excellent choice again if I say so.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DriVer,

What "weight" is the red Valvoline grease?
Old 03-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsr71:
What "weight" is the red Valvoline grease? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's a good question and my tube of grease is up the coast in South Carolina right now but it is rated "EP". I'll let you know when I find out but I don't think grease comes in weights like gear lube.

I bought the grease from my Bumper to Bumper distributor. I believe it was the Dura Blend product but I'll check when I get home.