Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2010, 10:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
So what do I have?

I purchased my Brave off of a consignment lot so I didn't have the opportunity to talk with the original owner. I noticed he had done several upgrades which I liked but did not notice until after I had purchased that the exhaust manifolds don't look original...at least compared to pictures on the Workhorse website. Are these Banks exhaust manifolds?

It does have a Banks exhaust tail pipe installed but thats all I could find that says Banks on it.

Thanks.

-Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vortec.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	5376  
scotts_rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Banks headers are made of stainless and those look like plain steel. So I would say, no, they are not Banks. Hard to say just what they are though. Look for a tag or stamped on ID name or number then Google that.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:13 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
They look like the Banks set up. Even stainless headers get a little surface rust on them.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would give Banks a call with your VIN and see if a warrenty is in effect. Also the work may have been done locally (Brazils?) so check around.
Good Luck. BTW the hi-temp wires and Banks exhaust look just like my upgrade.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Those are Banks headers. They discolor with time. Same as mine. It also looks like aftermarket plug wires.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile

Thanks everyone for the confirmation. I just edited my signature and added the Banks to it

The aftermarket plug wires are Taylor Extreme 409's which were also installed by the PO

Records that were left with the RV had the PO living in Centralia, WA., home of Brazel's so assume that is where all of the upgrades were installed. I am on their waiting list for the brake calipers so I will see if they can provide me a print out of what else was done to the coach.

I have been very pleased with the power of the Workhorse and Banks combo. I was able to maintain 60 mph up Snoqualmie pass with a bit left on the throttle. My previous RV was a 24' Class C with the 305HP V10. Going up the same pass towing my boat I was at 14,200 lbs combined and could not go any faster than about 52 mph with the throttle smashed to the floor and it was SCREAMING! I am at 18,400 lbs without the boat and the Workhorse while working hard, didn't sound anything near what the V10 was doing on the same pass. So 35 more HP and what ever the Banks adds more than compensates for the added weight.

Thanks.
-Scott
Old 09-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts_rv View Post
Records that were left with the RV had the PO living in Centralia, WA., home of Brazel's so assume that is where all of the upgrades were installed. I am on their waiting list for the brake calipers so I will see if they can provide me a print out of what else was done to the coach.
Scott, If you call Mike or Jon at Brazel's they will tell exactly what you have it that thang! They'll have it by VIN# and they probably know the vehicle very well.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
DriVer,

I was thinking that I didn't want to interrupt them in any way since there are over 100 people in front of me on their list to get the updated calipers! The lady I talked to said it would probably be sometime in October before they could schedule me in. I didn't have any problems with that since I don't have any trips planned in that time frame.

There are closer locations to me such as Poulsbo RV but they have a poor reputation which I have experienced first hand with my previous RV. I figured I might as well go to a well regarded dealer such as Brazel's. I'm sure Mike and Jon will take good care of me and let me know what other goodies they have installed on my RV.

Thanks for all the great info you and the irv2 community have provided on this forum!

-Scott
Old 11-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Just to close the loop on this thread. I finally got in to Brazel's to perform the recall. They were backed up that day but they got me through. Mike printed out all of the upgrades and maintenance records of the PO so I have those for my records...Thanks Mike It was definitely the Banks Power Pack that was installed. He had spent over $3K on upgrades and maintenance only 7 months before I purchased so he must have needed to sell it for unexpected reasons.

Great group of people at Brazel's and the new brakes work great!

-Scott
Old 11-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts_rv View Post
Great group of people at Brazel's and the new brakes work great!
Scott, Make sure the rate the dealer on workhorse.com!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
It looks like you have Koni shocks as well. My Banks pipes looked like yours. Looks like you got an excellent deal.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Scott, Make sure the rate the dealer on workhorse.com!
I just got it done. Thanks for the reminder!