Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
------------------------------------------------
The artist rendering shows a much larger display area and an increased amount of pixels increasing the character resolution in the command center display area. So the command center will be larger and will feature improved character resolution.
------------------------------------------------

Now, provided Workhorse will make this larger display area IP a direct replacement for existing WH motorhomes this would be great. Hopefully we won't have to trade our recently purchased mh's for a new 2007 to get this feature.

Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:24 AM   #44
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freddy:
As an ordinary forum user I rely on moderator info while attempting to separate out the PR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>PR is basically a function of our RV Industry News Forum. I also post there in support of the press releases that are provided to us by our sponsors if I have something to add that will clarify a question or provide additional information.

In this forum what I'm all about is listening to our participant members and provide the best possible information that I can so that you folks can make the best decision regarding the ownership of your Workhorse.

"Everything" that I post here can be proven as having come from one of several resources be it a Chassis Guide, Service Manual and or direct communication with the company if I don't immediately have the answer.

Sometimes I have been able to intervene on behalf of the participants to expedite matters or obtain additional information about one issue or another. I think that the members here will say that they do obtain the best information here without too much conjecture on my part. I attempt to be as accurate as possible when providing information in this forum using my resources.

The "real benefit" of participating here is the real world problems, resolutions and solutions that are posted here every day by co-owners who have no affiliation except for owning a Workhorse. We often benefit from the experiences they share with us and I think we can all appreciate that.

I cater to all whether the posts are good or bad or informatory and I try to follow through to a successful conclusion if at all possible. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but never the less I hope what transpires here makes your participation worth the time that you invest.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:44 AM   #45
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wa0mqe:
Now, provided Workhorse will make this larger display area IP a direct replacement for existing WH motorhomes this would be great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob, The "new" IP's electronics is designed to support the new Allison 6-speed transmissions presenting a split gear display in the command center that shows the gear selected and the gear you're in. I'm thinking that it may be compatible with 2006 chassis electronics.

Now having said that the "new" W16 & W18 have GM transmissions with 4 speeds and I do not think that they are capable of split shift display. Whether or not these units will retain the current Actia IP is unknown to me at the moment. The current generation of IPs that are being placed into service are proving to reliable and much more visible than its predecessor.

While I was participating at the FMCA Rally in Brooksville, FL earlier this year, Camping World came the WCC display area with 3 Actia panels each a different color. These initial IPs samples were, carbon fiber, gold tone and stainless in appearance. So it's likely that a 3rd party vendor will get into the IP replacement business at some point. Hang in there!

I was told that the new IP isn't backward compatible because the electronics integration is all different. Whether or not the IP will be made available as an after market SKU from Workhorse parts is up to conjecture right now but it does looks like a good opportunity for the after market if someone want to pick up the ball.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #46

Maybe it's an E85 Fuel engine.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #47

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Edgray, mine is a P-32 built in '04. I hope Driver is right that I have the J-72 but in the Workhorse language there is a gray area, as they say they switched to the J-72 sometime in '04. Maybe Driver would know if ALL 04's have the J-72 or maybe my serial # would help.
At any rate I have not had trouble with the brake operating and releasing, but it was leaking fluid and they replaced the entire actuator assembly under warranty. I asked them if it couldnt be fixed and they said (Wh sv. cntr), they would'nt even try. This would be pretty expensive if it was'nt under warranty.
Very few mechanics know how to or want to learn to work on the autopark. If your voltage drops the brake will apply ruining the trip even tho the MH would be perfectly safe to drive to a safe place.
There is no emergency release that WH will tell us about even if we're on the middle lane of an interstate.
If your air in your air brakes go out, their emergency brake will apply, but should because if they lose air they won't have ANY brakes. This is not the case with the autopark, it can lock up even tho it is perfectly safe to drive with the foot brake having nothing to do with the parking brake. WH could decline to use a transmission that is not strong enough to hold the vehicle, mine is only 18000LB. Ford's new and old tranny holds more than that. and its a good idea to have a back up for the parking brake. I concur with Driver, when I had my Ford MH, I always held it with parking brake and then put it in park. Having the 'park' position on the gearshift is very deceptive to potential buyers including me, I saw the lil yellow button for the parking brake and I saw the P on the gearshift and I had no idea they were just 2 ways to atvate the same brake. Heck you don't need either of them either, just turn the key off and it slams the brake on.
Driver, I wanted to tell you how the autopark works and let you know how dang complicated WH made their chassis for what could be very simple. How can anybody that knows how that growling when they release their parking brake works and still like it is beyond me.
I don't type fast so I've said enough but there are numerous parts,in this that can leave you on or on the side of the road.
I might buy a WH like Driver has but I would never buy anything with the autopark again. Like I said , Ive been around trucks and heavy equipment for 37 years and I've never seen an electric parking brake.
What can I say about the IP ? Had mine reflashed, \another WH svc center says it needs replace and it will take 10 business days. Maybe WH needs to their ideas on themselves a lot longer before they endorse it by putting it in their product.
I never got mine replaced, I can still read it with my reading glasses.
Why would WH risk losing repeat customers , causing them so much inconvenience and hassle for an electric parking brake and an IP computer that is not very helpful when it does work.
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #48
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
I was talking to a rep from Actia yesterday and he has heard that there will be a bigger display and that it will be backwards compatiable. Lets hope.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:30 PM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi,someone said something about rear engine gas-pushers.
How about hwh air-ride and levelers? Just my two cents worth!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #50

fred is now available; rear gas ? don't see any real advantage would still have the underpowered, poor efficiency gas engines that are used in the getting bigger every year coaches. If it is going to be earth shaking it will have to be some sort of hybrid. just my thoughts on the subject.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If your air in your air brakes go out, their emergency brake will apply, but should because if they lose air they won't have ANY brakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Max, the way air brakes work is that the air RELEASES the brakes. The air pressure overcomes the spring action that applys the brakes. You lose air, ALL the brakes are fully applied until there is air to overcome the spring action.

In other words, no air, no move...... You do not lose the ability to apply the brakes, you lose the ability to release them.....

The parking brake on diesels with air brakes simply releases all air to and in the actuators for the rear wheels. It also prevents air from the system from getting to the actuators until the "Parking brake" valve is released.

To tow a vehicle with air brakes. Air from an outside source has to be applied to the actuators to overcome the spring action thus allowing the brakes to release.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #52

Anyone get the UFO email from Workhorse yet? It references a sight called driveaufo.com. Interesting or rediculous...........aaaaaaaaaaaa?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #53

Freightliner Owners Club
Yup, got the email. Wonder if Dave Olsen writes his own material?! (Sounds like DriVer, though!) We personally met him when hubby and I went to tour the factory...we were the 'only' ones that day. Very personable. So were the others we talked with. Without looking for it, think driveaufo.com is fictional though...and there needs to be hyphens in there. DRIVE-A-UFO!! Too funny. You know DriVer won't cough it up...so guess we'll just have to wait it out!

Rose
Old 08-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #54

Try this www.driveaufo.com, may be fictional but the site exists.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a WH W22 chassis under a Newmar 2003 Scottsdale I have owned it since 7-12-2006 It has been in the shop 3 times with all the same %$#@!&^%*&^%$#@ problems that everyone else has been reporting. Too bad I found this site too late. I am lucky I understand chassis computers and "CAN" speak so I get to "stick it to the techies" and I have an extended warranty. BUT what does "Joe or Jane average consumer" do?

Get your heads out of the sand. These guys (WorkHorse) need to support what they have produced before they foist more "stuff" on the consumers.

When it is running (which in my case is about 35% of the time) it is a fine running machine. However, reliability is important to an RVer.

So quit calling us "whiners and malcontents". I don't expect perfection, but dispatch reliability of greater than 85% is not too much to ask in this day and age (so far I am getting about 15%). My motor home is solid my chassis is not. I have been RV ing for 35 years. I am only a newbie to the W22 Chassis, but I worked in Detroit for a lot of years and I can smell $%^& when I smell it.

IMHO

Park_Ridge_Dave
Old 08-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #56
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by park_ridge_dave:
..... BUT what does "Joe or Jane average consumer" do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>A Private message has been forwarded to you, I hope you can respond.