Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2019, 03:21 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Firm Believer in Safe T Plus

This is a video of a car wandering across into our lane at 55 mph on June 13 2017. We had just installed the Safe t Plus a month or 2 earlier and this was our first trip out with it. I wanted it in case of a tire failure and to improve control in the rig in tight situations.

We were eastbound on US 158 in NC, when an oncoming car (we suspected texting) crossed over the line and came directly into our path. I had no option but to swerve off the road onto the muddy shoulder. We were going to head right into the muddy farm field to the right and likely the pole in the video.No telling what would have happened at that point. Luckily the Safe T Plus allowed me to recover and ease back on to the pavement with minimal impact to steering control.

We had the toad on a dolly on the rear and were over 55 feet long- the rig being in excess of 38'. I am convinced I never could have held it on the soft shoulder OR recovered absent divine intervention and if I had not had the Safe t Plus installed. Needless to say having lived through it-- I'M A BELIEVER!!!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #16

I noticed at the end of video, you ended up partially in the oncomming lane. I think that is what I was referring to when stating that I learned to end my turn early, as I learned the coach was going to swing past where I wanted it to go.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickman921 View Post
Hello akpd, I have a 2005 w22 chassis and I wanted to correct 4 problems; first was the safety concern, which is the steering stabilizer I installed a safety Plus. The second was to reduce those jarring bumps when you hit those bridge abutments between the paved Road and the concrete bridge, I installed sumosprings. The third issue was the wander, I installed Ultra RV track bar. And then the sway of the motorhome still was more than I liked so I installed the Roadmaster rear sway bar. So now 95% of those issues have been resolved although somewhat pricey well worth the safety and comfort! this is a great site for research good luck on your decisions
Dan
If you don't mind, what was the total cost? I wouldn't mind putting a couple grand into mods to improve safety and driving control.
Fabfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:45 PM   #18

Ultra RV Products cost is $540 with the mounting kits, but installation isn’t hard if you have the tools.

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Safe...fe-T-Plus-Unit
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
After I bought my Tiffin, I noticed it was getting pushed around by trucks and side winds. I had a front track bar installed and later a Safety-Plus too. They made a huge improvement.
jojolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:56 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I went with Steer Safe which I feel puts less stress on the steering parts as it is just down at the wheel not up on top like Safe T plus Just my 2 Cents.
By the way we love it DW will now drive were before install she would not.
Floyd
Floyd2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Ultra RV Products cost is $540 with the mounting kits, but installation isn’t hard if you have the tools.

https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Safe...fe-T-Plus-Unit

Turns out that our coach has an almost new Safe T Plus steering stabilizer. While in the shop for service items they aired up the tires and now it drives like a dream.
Fabfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering