Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #1

Tampa show

Attended Tampa show today, not much of a display at workhorse. Engine on a stand and a few people sitting around.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Attended Tampa show today, not much of a display at workhorse. Engine on a stand and a few people sitting around.
Spoonman, About what time were you there? Just curious.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:42 AM   #3
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Workhorse apparently doesn't have much to talk about these days. I, too, was disappointed at their display (or lack thereof). Maybe they were expecting something else to arrive that got delayed because there was a big, empty space in the booth. We didn't see anyone who looked familiar, so we walked right by and did't even stop.

In past years, Workhorse had a blurb on the web site about the upcoming show. This year - nothing. Their latest press release on the web site is from the RVIA show dated December 2009 - over a year ago.

We were at the Tampa show on Wednesday morning. We arrived at 10:00 AM (about 45 minutes after our usual arrival time) and were surprised at how much more crowded it was than previous years. Things may finally be looking up for the RV industry.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
On Wednesday, in the after market buildings, there was very good attendee traffic.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Spoonman, About what time were you there? Just curious.
Approximately 3:30 4o. It was getting so cold outside by then that everyone was happy for the numerous buildings and a lot of great accessory vendors.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
On Wednesday, in the after market buildings, there was very good attendee traffic.
Exactly, vendors were busy and people seemed to be buying not just wandering around staying warm. Poor girl selling ice cream just inside the door was freezing.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Workhorse apparently doesn't have much to talk about these days. I, too, was disappointed at their display (or lack thereof). Maybe they were expecting something else to arrive that got delayed because there was a big, empty space in the booth. We didn't see anyone who looked familiar, so we walked right by and didn't even stop..
paz, I'm surprised that you didn't recognize anyone. I know Alan Stegich was there every year since this show has been going.

MikeT and Russ Johnson were there as well as Linda who again is always there. Ed Gray is down there and he said he would be visiting and davel is also stopping by the display.

WCC ambassadors will be manning displays at Ft. Meyers and Brooksville as well. WCC will also have a display at the FMCA Rally in Perry, GA this coming March.

The display area in the space was much smaller as you have seen but the good News is that they did not give up their display space because once that's gone I expect they would not getting it back. It must worth it to WCC to retain the space - who knows - perhaps next year there will be something in the floor space to show. Nobody pays for a large amount of floorspace at a Supershow without a plan especially given the current economy.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
WCC Display

It's kind of overwelming to be in a booth when you have a multi-million dollar coach setting next to you. WCC has the right building and the right location. Especially this year as the temperature was very comfortable as compared to outside.
My sausage and onion sandwich cooled off before I could get to the second half!
As far as an engine on a stand and a bunch of guys standing around it. I may have been one of those guys. I enjoyed very much the opportunity to speak and will and length with the deisel guys on their take of the new 2010 emmisions systems, both the advanced EGR and the SCR.
I quess this show is like the flower show we go to in th spring. If your looking to plant daisy's you don't stop and look at the roses.
We are parked at the NKK area and are enjoying the shoe very much. As I'm sure we will enjoy the IRV2 social tonight at 5 PM in the Newmar Kountry Klub tent.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
As far as an engine on a stand and a bunch of guys standing around it. I may have been one of those guys. I enjoyed very much the opportunity to speak and will and length with the deisel guys on their take of the new 2010 emmisions systems, both the advanced EGR and the SCR.
In My Blogs I wrote about both systems. See the Freightliner S2 Blog for SCR and the Monaco Trip Blog about AEGR.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was checking the Spec sheets for 2011 motorhomes by Forest River, Winnebago, Thor, Newmar and Gulfstream and I could not find one model available on a WH chassis, either gas or diesel?
What manufacturers are still using WH chassis for their units?
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
FC Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
For the "First Time" and notably absent from the Tampa Supershow is ...... "Ford Motor Company"

I guess when you're the only show in town, you don't have to advertize.

At least Mike & Russ are there freezing thier butts off talking to Workhorse owners. If you've been by the display you would know what I'm talking about. They are just about on top of a huge overhead door opening which remains open all day. The temps should get better tomorrow and Saturday & Sunday should be the best days.

If you're going to the show make sure you stop by and say hi and tell them Driver sent you.

PS: Could someone go and verify for me whether or not there is a W22D at the Four Winds Serrano display. What I want to know really; Is the W22D Seranno on G rated tires and or perhaps on 22.5s as well? I might buy G rated 19.5s but I'm not sure if 4W has changed the body configuration to accomodate the 22.5s. First one to report get s a BIG Thank You!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Ontario View Post
What manufacturers are still using WH chassis for their units?
Thor's Four Winds Division has a model called the Serrano. They have 4 floorplans for 2011. I'm trying to find out if they have a W22D in the lineup.

Hold the Presses!

Four Winds does indeed have a 22,000 pound front engine diesel chassis, the Model 33A and its built on the Workhorse W22D. The W22D is powered by the MaxxForce 7 and is coupled to the Allison 1000MH 6 Speed transmission. Allegedly there is one at the Tampa Supershow.

More information .....

(First post using {my new} the Verizon MiFi Model 2200 Hot Spot)
Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is there any talk about a gasser that WH was willing to share?
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Is there any talk about a gasser that WH was willing to share?
Sure hope it's fast talk, in November 2010 Diesel sales were down 10%, gas sales were uo 52%.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote