Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 AM   #15

I went out to look at a Honda Fit a few months back. I have a 04 6 cyl vue. The dealer told me they really didn't want a 6cyl on the lot and they would just wholesale it. Gas was way high then.

I agree, I would like to know the name of the dealer also. Any used vehicle COULD have a problem and yes I know there is a lot of Workhorse MOHO's that have the problem,,yet there is also a lot that do not. I have had some problems but nothing fatal. I like my Workhorse vs the Ford had both and I'll take the Workhorse every time. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #16
paz

I've had car dealers tell me they couldn't give me top dollar for my trade-in because it was the wrong color, wrong model, too many miles, too low on gas mileage, too small, too big, etc., etc. IMO, these were just excuses to offer low trade-in values.

I've also had dealers say they could give me a better price on the new vehicle (cars and RVs) if I didn't have a trade, but I've never had a dealer refuse to take a trade. If there is a liability issue with Workhorse brakes, I think it lies with Workhorse, not the dealer. If the dealer can show he took reasonable care inspecting the vehicle (and possibly specifically servicing the brakes - inspect, lube the pins, and maybe replace the pads), I would think he would be off the hook.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are dealers that simply don't want trades unless they can get them for next to nothing. They are tring to reduce their inventory and if they can get yours cheep enough they can turn it quicker. I would almost be willing to bet that they have negative info on about every thing out there. If I were you I would expose this dealer so the rest of us can form our own opinions and not paint a broad brush across the whole industy because of one dealer.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoonman:
I was at a dealership here in Fl recently and told him I wasn`t interested in looking at anything on a Workhorse chassis.
Rather than writing all Workhorses off, I suggest looking for a motorhome on the trouble free W24 Workhorse chassis.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I suspect this dealer is acting on advice from his attorney. After all this dealer is the defendant in 2 lawsuits concern selling motorhomes on Workhorse's chassis.

-Tom

Old 02-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the dealer has two lawsuits pending against him, I would prefer to take my business elsewhere anyway, regardless of the brand he sells. Would appear to me that something is wrong with the way he does business if a customer has to sue for satisfaction.
Probably with the business enviornment the way it is due to economic recession, dealers may indeed want to rid themselves of new vehicles, without having to take in tradeins. I doubt very seriously that the motorhome make would have anything to do with a serious deal from a reputable dealer. Liability, probably doesn't really enter into the picture, but may be just an out for the dealer who cannot afford taking trades in the present business climate.
I have had no problems with the brakes on my motorhome, and would put up a mighty argument with a dealer whos only excuse for refusing it as a trade in were the brakes. I have no ax to grind with Workhorse over brakes. Actia, yes...brakes no.
As usual, just my opinion.

Dieselclacker
Old 02-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Come on guys, this is just another way to keep the WH brake problems on the front page.
Richard says he can't name this dealer cause he might get in trouble. He doesn't seem to worry about getting into trouble for saying WH has bad brakes, does he?
Can anyone tell me how he would get into trouble for naming the dealer? Even if what he said was fiction, the only trouble he would get would be the heat he would get from other forum members.

I had a dealer tell me, "They pay premium for Workhorse trade ins", but I don't want to get into trouble for naming this dealer.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:25 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well said Max!

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:50 AM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is this the same Richard 34A who dominated the brake problem threads? If I remember correctly, he never had a brake problem. I hate to call anyone out, but if he is truely interested in helping others on this thread, and he really had this experience, he would informs us of the dealer. Enough said.
roy goble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally posted by max49:
Can anyone tell me how he would get into trouble for naming
the dealer?
Quote:
Originally posted by roy goble:
I hate to call anyone out, but if he is truely interested in helping others on this thread, and he really had this experience, he would informs us of the dealer.
Good points. I agree with both of them. Come on Richard, please tell us who the dealer is.

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:11 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Just name the city please. We'll take it from that info.

-Tom

Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally posted by max49:
Come on guys, this is just another way to keep the WH brake problems on the front page.
Richard says he can't name this dealer cause he might get in trouble. He doesn't seem to worry about getting into trouble for saying WH has bad brakes, does he?
Can anyone tell me how he would get into trouble for naming the dealer? Even if what he said was fiction, the only trouble he would get would be the heat he would get from other forum members.

I had a dealer tell me, "They pay premium for Workhorse trade ins", but I don't want to get into trouble for naming this dealer.
max49;

I'm not going to name the dealer, in part because the pages in the binder were printed from this website. As far as 'getting in trouble' by that I mean here at iRV2. I've taken plenty of heat because of the brake problems with certain Workhorse chassis and my insistance that Workhorse could treat the affected chassis owners alot better. You get written permission from Route 66 that by posting the name I'm not breaking a rule in the TOS and I'll post the dealers' name. I'll leave that up to you and Route 66.

As far as keeping the 'brakes problems on the front page', Workhorse doesn't need my help to do that...

( It's not my place to give you permission. I can point out that iRV2's rules do not restrict the naming of names as long as the information meets said rules and TOS, in part; "Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information", "posting any defamatory or otherwise false information", "THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT APPEARING ON THE WEBSITES OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT ENDORSE THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THE WEBSITES. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ONLINE OR OFFLINE CONDUCT OF ANY MEMBER OF THE WEBSITES".)
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by roy goble:
Is this the same Richard 34A who dominated the brake problem threads? If I remember correctly, he never had a brake problem. I hate to call anyone out, but if he is truely interested in helping others on this thread, and he really had this experience, he would informs us of the dealer. Enough said.
It is the same Richard 34A; the same one that in fact has posted here in iRV2 previously the brake problem that I had on my W20 and the same one that filed a complaint at the NHTSA website, just like many others here.

I posted in another reply, that with the written permission of Route 66, I'll post the dealers' name... not sure how a 'name' changes anything that transpired but let's see what Route 66 says is okay for me to post... keep in mind that this happened at ONE dealer; nothing in my post states that this is a common situation with dealers in general and I made no specific assessement as to if the brake problems are affecing values... I was simply recounting a recent occurence. If they have offered me a value far in excess of the NADA, I don't know that I would have made a deal, since mine's paid for and I'm not really interested in financing anything right now...

As far dealers that may or may not take in specific motorhomes, it kind of like the real estate market: if your home isn't for sale right now today, then it really doesn't matter what todays market price is...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you Richard 34 for your post. And yes, Workhorse brake problems need to be on the first page of EVERY RV forum. The more we can educate RV'ers on Workhorse's severe brake safety problems the better.