Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To all UFO owners,

During the rally I expressed my desire to have a UFO owners rally. This idea was quickly embraced by all Workhorse officials at the rally. As a result I should soon be getting a list of registered owners (and I would hope all have registered at My Workhorse on the Workhorse web site) so that I might contact them. Two ideas are being tossed around. One would be a private rally at a location somewhere, my personal preference would be at a rally camp such as Tom Johnson's rv rally camp in Marion NC next April or May and/or to have all UFO owners meet as a group at the WH rally next July in Ohio. There is thought that we UFO owners could become a sub chapter of the Owners Club which is a sub chapter of FMCA. Now, if we choose to have a private rally, Workhorse reps want to know when and where cause they want to attend. This includes reps from both the marketing and service sides of the company. So here is your chance to let them and me know if you like the idea of us being an organized group who wants to get together.

Also I mentioned the possibility of ugrading the driveaUFO web site. I was told that all websites are soon to get an Expensive new look and that the driveaUFO is included in the upgrade. However, the site needs rig pictures from us! So here is a chance for us to participate. I will soon be uploading some rally pics.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To all UFO owners,

During the rally I expressed my desire to have a UFO owners rally. This idea was quickly embraced by all Workhorse officials at the rally. As a result I should soon be getting a list of registered owners (and I would hope all have registered at My Workhorse on the Workhorse web site) so that I might contact them. Two ideas are being tossed around. One would be a private rally at a location somewhere, my personal preference would be at a rally camp such as Tom Johnson's rv rally camp in Marion NC next April or May and/or to have all UFO owners meet as a group at the WH rally next July in Ohio. There is thought that we UFO owners could become a sub chapter of the Owners Club which is a sub chapter of FMCA. Now, if we choose to have a private rally, Workhorse reps want to know when and where cause they want to attend. This includes reps from both the marketing and service sides of the company. So here is your chance to let them and me know if you like the idea of us being an organized group who wants to get together.

Also I mentioned the possibility of ugrading the driveaUFO web site. I was told that all websites are soon to get an Expensive new look and that the driveaUFO is included in the upgrade. However, the site needs rig pictures from us! So here is a chance for us to participate. I will soon be uploading some rally pics.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
and maybe a W-22 club , a W-20 Club, a W-24 Club, and a W-18 Club. We can all have our little clubs, and then maybe we can have W-22 Winnebago club, and a W-22 Monaco club,and a W-22 Fleetwood club. A workhorse club should be for all workhorse models.
roy goble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A workhorse club should be for all workhorse models. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gramps and Roy:

THE workhorse owners club is a viable chapter of FMCA. There are no provisions in our By-Laws for sub-sets or other divisions within our members. All owners of Workhorse chassis products, including the Chevy/Workhorse Class-C cutaway chassis are invited to join, subject to maintaining a membership in FMCA.

That said, anybody who wishes to organize, charter, or otherwise put together a group of people with a common interest for the purpose of getting together socially is certainly free to do so.

I do not want to deminish anybody's enthusiam for their choice of chassis, but WCMC will remain open to all products of the company.

Ed Gray, President
WCMC
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Ed for clarification. Since there are no provisions for sub chapters my idea is to form a formal independent group that is simply recognized by WCMC and can help the club has a whole. But first I just want to get us UFOers together somewhere for some fun and fellowship and then see how it goes. If most owners would rather keep it an informal bunch and just plan to rally up on a regular basis that is okay with me as well. Either way I am grateful for the support for this I received from the folks at the rally.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It would be nice to meet up with other UFO owners. We live in California and try and make West Coast Rallies when we can. We plan on attending the Workhorse Rally in Bakersfield, hopefully we can meet other UFO owners there.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #7
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Sorry to have to ask, but when is the rally in Bakersfield?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JCM:
Sorry to have to ask, but when is the rally in Bakersfield? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

March 2009
Old 10-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #9
Official iRV2 Sponsor

We can have a UFO rally at our new RV park
Old 10-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We plan on attending the March rally in Bakersfield provided the market does not tank much farther.

I would also support a meeting of some type of the UFO chassis owners. Believe we would have a lot of information to share with others.

As a side note, we made a 2200 mile trip from Houston to Sacramento (where we are sitting right now) and averaged 7.0 mpg at a cruise control speed of 61 mph and towing a Honda CRV. Will update on mileage home.

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
we can talk about water pump and fan clutch issues

2008 Itasca Latitude 39w UFO 8.1
YngRvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hopefully we can meet and talk about dead and gone in the past water pump issues.