Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
If I change my trans fluid and spin on filter and use Transynd (now has Dex), can I wait until the next scheduled change to change with Transynd again? I understand that you need to change the fluid twice to get close to 100% Transynd, but is it OK to run say 25,000 miles on the mix from the first fluid change? Advice appreciated. Thanks, Rick

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
If I change my trans fluid and spin on filter and use Transynd (now has Dex), can I wait until the next scheduled change to change with Transynd again? I understand that you need to change the fluid twice to get close to 100% Transynd, but is it OK to run say 25,000 miles on the mix from the first fluid change? Advice appreciated. Thanks, Rick

Old 12-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but is it OK to run say 25,000 miles on the mix from the first fluid change? Advice appreciated. Thanks, Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
RICK: Yes, you can do that as the two fluids are totally compatible. However, if you want the full benefits of the Transynd, it seems to me you'll want to be as close as possible to "all" Transynd.

May I ask why you think you can be just a little pregnant? ED
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #4

I think the answer boils down to cost. I just had a total drain/power flush with Transynd done locally for circa $250, which isn't bad considering that the fluid alone cost $80, the filter cost $32 (yeah, I know, but what could I do?) and the mechanic took 2 1/2 hours to do it (and he wasn't slacking, either). You will need something like six gallons of Transynd to do a double change.

If you can find a price like what I paid, do it that way. If you live in an area where the price is circa $400 (which is what I was quoted in Phoenix) then do it your way.
Mahlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, cost is a factor, as I was quoted $15 a quart for Transynd at Redlands Truck Service when I had my Ultrapower Programming, wires and cold air kit installed. Rick
Old 12-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rickandcheryl:
Yes, cost is a factor, as I was quoted $15 a quart for Transynd at Redlands Truck Service when I had my Ultrapower Programming, wires and cold air kit installed. Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
$15 a quart!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Redlands is the first place I have heard of that will sell it by the quart. $15 is a little pricey but cheaper than buying a gallon anywhere else I have come across.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #8

I've heard that Pep Boys sells it by the quart, but have never seen it (the nearest Pep Boys to me is 55 miles away).

I'm in Wichita KS this week on business; if I get some down time I'll look for a store and check it out. Not that I need any; the WH shop that did my power flush (McKenzie Pontiac/GMC; Milton, FL) gave me a quart to take away for top-off.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mahlon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rickandcheryl:
Yes, cost is a factor, as I was quoted $15 a quart for Transynd at Redlands Truck Service when I had my Ultrapower Programming, wires and cold air kit installed. Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
$15 a quart!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mahlon:
$15 a quart!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rickandcheryl, How do yoy like your Ultrapower system from redlands Truck? I'm considering it over the Banks Powerpack system. What is your opinon? Widetrack
Old 12-06-2006, 04:57 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, $15 a quart!
Old 12-06-2006, 05:03 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Widetrack, I have both the Banks and Ultrapower. The Banks seemed to help power some but the Ultrapower is a more noticeable power increase. Now the "however", right after I had the Ultrapower installed we went on a 6000 mile trip and my mileage went down. They are going to look at my programming at Quartsite in Jan and "tweek" it. Rick
Old 12-06-2006, 05:23 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner

I opted for AMSOIL Torgue Drive, which meets/exceeds the Allison specs. I did it myself, TWICE, plus Spin on Filters (under $14 each) Total job was under $150. Allison in Tampa wanted $ 650 to do it.
Go to AMSOIL.com and read the Lit.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If cost is a factor DIY, if you can, and do the two changes over a few months to spread the cost out.