Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2017, 10:06 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
gresults - one other thing come to mind. The throttle on the 8.1 if I remember right is electronic. I think they call it the accelerometer or throttle position. It has been awhile. Anyway, When you push on the throttle, there is a electronic signal sent from the pedal, to a position indicator on the steering column. I would research this, and see what you can find.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gresults View Post
I had a engine replacement and after picking it up several times for same issue if you push gas petal to floor it will bog down and from then on you can only go about 30-40 if you let up and baby it again you can regain some speed very random
Thanks Donald
Sounds like your TPS is bad or wiring to ECM from TPS is bad. Has that been checked?
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:18 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Unsure will have to ask, what is the TPS ..
gresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:35 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Unsure will have to ask, what is the TPS ..
Sorry, years in the biz and we all used the short stuff. TPS = Throttle Position Sensor. Also ECM = Engine Control Module (car guys like to call them something else, this it truck terms)
A bad TPS will act like you are describing, they are just a glorified potentiometer like the volume knob on the old radios. Get a bad or worn spot and they act up. We had a program on the laptop top observe they movement of the throttle pedal as you pressed down on it. Any good shop should have that.
Good luck.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will check with dealer and see if that was something they checked, I was hoping it was something I could check ..
Old 03-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #20

I suggest you start with the simple stuff first. Make sure the MAF sensor is clean and dry. It is located immediately downstream from the air filter box. Regarding your RPM question, yes it is limited to 3K or less while in N or P.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:35 AM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Any chance this would be something I could replace myself and if so anyone have a part number and image where it is located.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #22

Quote:
Any chance this would be something I could replace myself and if so anyone have a part number and image where it is located.
The MAF will be immediately behind the air filter box. It is not likely to need replacing, but it can be cleaned by spraying it with MAF cleaner from just about any auto parts store. Sorry I don't have a picture of it as used in the UFO, but a search here will likely turn up several threads on the benefits of cleaning it. You may also want to look at Oemys website, I think it will be listed there, too.
I suppose it is possible that the MAF wiring harness was not connected properly when they put everything back together, and MAYBE that could cause your symptoms, so check the wiring connections, too.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well .. New Fuel, Air Cleaner and Cleaned MAF.. so just brought back to dealer to have the TPS checked as my guy can't read it plus I need to see if they pinched Fuel line on my gender as well.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No codes coming up? I figured you would have checked that already, but just in case......
Old 03-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No Codes
Old 03-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a time when our 8.1 wouldn't respond to the throttle. It cured itself after turning the key off and back on. Don't know what it was, but I refreshed the ECM with the original program when I got home. I have the Banks intake/exhaust system and also thier programer, so I can reflash it myself.
I need to pull my doghouse cover off to run some wires and a vacuum line so I can see if the throttle open and closes when I operate the foot pedal when the key is turned on. I'll do that sometime today and report back.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Well ......... it plus I need to see if they pinched Fuel line on my gender as well.
Don: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here with "autocorrect" issues
Old 03-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Checked my throttle valve today and with the ignition on "run" position and engine not running the step motor opens and closes the throttle as I push down and let up the throttle pedal. That's one way you can check out the TPS, wiring and step motor.
Good Luck..

Tags
loss of power, power, ufo