Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The shaft was cast. There was a hole, air pocket in the shaft. and this is the reason for the shear.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2017, 09:53 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCY-UFO View Post
Good news. Coach is 100% up and running. They reprogramed and light is out. I should be on the road heading North, back to Canada, later today.
Thank you Brothers for all your help over the last 2 months.
I spoke to soon. What a nightmare for 2 months. I drove 100 miles North, and the brake warning lights came on. I have to return to Daytona on Monday. I am tearing my hair out.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile Coach is Home

Well I am finally back home in Canada with new engine and components and HCU/ECM. Had a few glitches before able to roll out from the shop in Daytona. Ran well for the 1300 mile trip.
Brake warning lights sometimes came on but did not effect any operations. I found that if I switched off ignition, then started back up it would clear.
I am living with it.
The service manager said I should use premium gas 91/93 in the 8.1. Do you agree? I always used 87 before...
Thanks for help and feedback over this drawn out saga....
Old 05-11-2017, 06:28 AM   #46

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Did they use synthetic oil in your new engine?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #47
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are important for those who may do a search of the subject in the future.

I'm thinking higher octane fuel would be an additional un needed expense in operation costs.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Noel,

Diane and I are very glad you and your coach are now safely back home. I take it you got the jack issue solved. Keep in touch and check in here at IRV2 as well. If anyone solves that HCU alarm issue, and others are having it after replacing the HCU, and a fix is found, it will be posted here real fast I can tell you. Unless there is something different about your new engine, I don't see a need for higher octane gas myself. Now, when you can get it without ethanol, that would be a big plus. IMHO

Derrick.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:56 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
Noel,

Diane and I are very glad you and your coach are now safely back home. I take it you got the jack issue solved. Keep in touch and check in here at IRV2 as well. If anyone solves that HCU alarm issue, and others are having it after replacing the HCU, and a fix is found, it will be posted here real fast I can tell you. Unless there is something different about your new engine, I don't see a need for higher octane gas myself. Now, when you can get it without ethanol, that would be a big plus. IMHO

Derrick.
Jacks: Tied up all jacks with zip ties for drive home. Removed the offending 10 ft. hose, and took it to a place near me that makes them up in less than 10 mins. Installed it, and it took 4.5 qts fluid to get the tank back up to level.
I sure made a mess of that KOA site in St. Augustine.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:15 AM   #50

I replaced my HCU in Jan 2017. The brake warning lights came on twice after the replacement( one month time frame), but after I shut the vehicle off and restarted it they went out. I know wait for all the lights and sounds to go off before I start it. It's been 2,300 miles with no problems as of 5/12/2017.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieRv View Post
Glad you made it back safe and sound. Did they use synthetic oil in your new engine?
They used regular 10W30 oil, and did this twice. But said I should use full synthetic at next change.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile Some Money Back

I am receiving $1,850 in core rebates for all the work I had done on the coach. This makes the original cost of repairs a little more bearable. Thought I would share.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:15 PM   #53

UFO Engine removal

Not sure if I understand the math. I received $3000 from my two warranties with a $5700 total invoice.Approximately $1000 of the over charges were the fault of the garage in NC. Told them the batteries are 6 months old, sparks plugs also etc but they replaced all that stuff. Said they are sorry that the made the mistake, but no credit for the error as they can't return them.Then they say there hourly rate is $95 and Jasper says we only reimburse 25 hours at $75 per hour ( I did get them up to $80 by being persistent.)
kenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, removal, ufo