Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2017, 08:46 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
UFO Victim of Harvey

Well my 2009 Georgie Boy Cruise Master found itself of victim of Harvey, got up to tops of compartments, I think there is major electrical issues when you turn ignition on rear brake lights start flashing, generator has water in oil and coach 12v system seems to be shot, Adjuster coming Sunday.

Fun stuff anyone know what to look for or what questions I should pose to adjuster, I know every time I have had something fixed its been in shop from 6-months to year and half so interested on how that is handled, I just got it back after not having it for over a year as it is had only taken it out once.
gresults is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2017, 08:53 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
They will probably total it. Usually do when there is flood damage.

It's got wheels, you should have drove it away.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It was in a storage lot, I was a bit more concerned about Home and Business at the time the rains started and once the rain came it was not possible to get to it, basically happened on Friday and it took me until following Wednesday to even get up to it.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:38 PM   #5

Sorry for your problems, maybe it can be fixed without too much effort, I hope so as they are not making anymore UFO's.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Odds are it's totaled.electrical,wood & chassis saturation, mold and mildew issues to follow....sorry guy but time to go shopping in Nacogdoches......
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #7

So sorry to hear this. That was a very nice coach.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I went to clean out the bays today, it still starts but there is water in engine and transmission as well as multiple error codes on console display and my Scangauge will not connect so pretty sure it is very large boat anchor after speaking with RV shop I found close who basically if they are unable to pull codes it is pretty well a dead end, also told I should not be starting it.

Also noticed today not getting any data from tank sensors panel or battery charger system which initially was so think the water is already starting to effect electrical system only a few days in.

I meet with adjuster in morning, as for a new one I think I'm done with RV's for awhile might switch to renting when I get the desire to go RV'ing
Old 09-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gresults View Post
I went to clean out the bays today, it still starts but there is water in engine and transmission as well as multiple error codes on console display and my Scangauge will not connect so pretty sure it is very large boat anchor after speaking with RV shop I found close who basically if they are unable to pull codes it is pretty well a dead end, also told I should not be starting it.

Also noticed today not getting any data from tank sensors panel or battery charger system which initially was so think the water is already starting to effect electrical system only a few days in.

I meet with adjuster in morning, as for a new one I think I'm done with RV's for awhile might switch to renting when I get the desire to go RV'ing
Dang Don. I can only imagine the feeling of all that has been lost to Harvey. I have over a dozen friends and family that live in the greater Houston area. Many were high and dry but a few had water come inside their homes. Cleanup after this will be long and painful for a lot of people.

As for renting. Outdoorsy is a great way to rent an RV. We have used them several times with fantastic results. You get to be in a newer RV without the 1-800-RENT ME sticker posted on all 4 sides of the coach. You can get pretty decent discounts for booking more than a week at a time. We have rented some very nice Class A coaches for in the $220/day range when renting for a couple weeks at a time. Insurance is all part of the gig too. You get to converse with the owner and they can offer things like BBQ and camp chairs and tables and all the stuff you normally have to carry in an RV. 10 times better than Cruise America for sure.

Check it out some time. https://www.outdoorsy.co/rv-rental/texas/houston
Old 09-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for Info...

Well met with Adjuster today, interesting situation I know I'm no mechanic but common sense when you are showing someone you don't find it odd that the brake system is running even tho the key is not on, also half dozen error codes on dash.

Well off to RV shop, never got answer on how they are going to handle the fact it has a new engine and all they want to do is drain the fluids and get it running again and when asked who is going to back the warranty on the motor as I know Chevrolet is not going to if something goes wrong later on once they find out it flooded, half the dash items don't work either as well as tank sensors and invertor displays dead.

I think that really bothered me was when I asked if this takes another 6-1 1/2 half years to fix how do they handle that his was response was O that is out of our control, you will just have to wait as well as I had found a RV shop fairly close to storage lot and he more or less was bothered I would not use there preferred list to pick someone which is against Texas insurance regulations.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gresults View Post
Thanks for Info...

Well met with Adjuster today, interesting situation I know I'm no mechanic but common sense when you are showing someone you don't find it odd that the brake system is running even tho the key is not on, also half dozen error codes on dash.

Well off to RV shop, never got answer on how they are going to handle the fact it has a new engine and all they want to do is drain the fluids and get it running again and when asked who is going to back the warranty on the motor as I know Chevrolet is not going to if something goes wrong later on once they find out it flooded, half the dash items don't work either as well as tank sensors and invertor displays dead.

I think that really bothered me was when I asked if this takes another 6-1 1/2 half years to fix how do they handle that his was response was O that is out of our control, you will just have to wait as well as I had found a RV shop fairly close to storage lot and he more or less was bothered I would not use there preferred list to pick someone which is against Texas insurance regulations.
Well that's not quite the news we expected to hear. Is it going to a repair shop for a more accurate estimate or has the decision to repair it already been made by the adjuster?
Old 09-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Update

OK, Got unit to RV Shop in Cypress, TX.

First issue get call from National General informing they are questioning the fact I had a active policy during the loss period which technically runs from last time I used it until I discovered loss or well that is what I would understand it to be as it was unattended and no formal source of verification is available.

In any case I provided the 25th since assume the loss occurred from the point I was unable to move around safely, well according to them no rain on the 25th so couldn't happened. OK so check the levels of creek near RV Storage and must admit doesn't show drastic issues until Saturday not a problem creek was over banks until Wednesday from what I could tell, so technically loss occurred from the 25th-30th.

Well here is where it gets tricky, since we where unable to move about the city until the 30th and policy lapsed on the 26th technically been told current National General Policy would allow it to run until the 28th and even there own documents contend that they have the right to waive this as it says may lapse. So any way on the morning of the 30th my niece goes online as normal and makes payment which is excepted and issues a reinstatement back the 26th no problem we are covered.

Not quite I get a interesting phone call from National General telling me that my policy was not if effect from the morning of the 26th until basically time we paid the premium and that someone must have lied on the Statement of No Loss in order to get insurance reinstated, so called my niece did you sign a Statement of No Loss and email snail mail etc. she states no and me nor my wife did one.

As I attempted to explain to woman on phone even if we did fill out such a form we would not have been aware of loss anyway so kind a mute point a we had not been to motorhome have since found out that is one of the angles they where attempting to use not to cover well found out there is no letter done and technically they should have never reinstated it without it.

Wife mentioned finally sometime this week we got final cancellation notice as well in mail which I assume we should have got prior to the 26th since mail/ups and fedex is still not totally up and running.

Well all I ask is that if you have National General please beware of the current policy so if you are involved in a major act of nature disrupts the general procedures or as my other agents stated disrupts the normal business process they are not going to be very flexible, there is very good chance they will not cover the loss but will keep you posted my agent is attempting to work with them to cover the own shorcomings as it allowed us to renew the policy and even back date it to morning it expired but since thy feel the loss occurred around that time want to deny claim.

O by the way they issued a claim number sent adjuster out and authorized me to have it towed, kind a looks like they where covering loss doesn't it.

O Well....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	175756  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Well that's not quite the news we expected to hear. Is it going to a repair shop for a more accurate estimate or has the decision to repair it already been made by the adjuster?
Sorry got side tracked, Not really sure they made decision one way or other I gave them a list items I found wrong mostly dealing with electronics abs com errors, it will start even if water in engine sorry had to do it or would have never got wheels turned back straight.

Will see, I would hope to get her back on the road again but truthfully with a lot of the electronics effected not sure how it will pan out, the shop once I get confirmation that they will be covering loss again will have the give initial estimate off there list and see where they stand.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	175759  
Old 09-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New update, got call from rep with National General Friday I guess they still have not confirmed they will honor the policy or not, one of the issues that came up was they seem to attempt to steer to just certain dealers in Houston,TX I have attached a copy of list just in case you know anyone in Houston that offers services but are not getting much insurance work from National General, it is against state law to steer customers to certain shops for insurance claims.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	f1324e076f16f79eff34819df3c1530b[1].pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2017-09-09 13.59.44.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	176030  

Tags
ufo