Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #113

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Max, your son isn't Mike Fisher, is he?
475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2007, 02:32 AM   #114

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Here is the link to the writeup and pictures of the R&R of the ECM.

R & R ECM

More Pictures
Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #115

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike, she is all filled up and ready to go, but I have to work until friday . Can't wait to climb the hill on the 15 with my new UltraPower .
Marty
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #116

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 475:
Hey Max, your son isn't Mike Fisher, is he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yepper, that's my son. Why?
And I was Michael Max Fisher, but he stole my name so I readopted Max
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #117
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Right on Marty,keep us posted on your trip evaluation's.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #118

Workhorse Chassis Owner
oh just know him from some other MX message boards...and seen his name on a few racer x deals. Cool beans.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #119
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Hey 475,maybe you can MX your coach!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #120

Workhorse Chassis Owner
sorry Mike...don't think it could handle the whoops and triples with any amount of modifications!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:16 AM   #121
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Ok maybe no jumps...But how about a land speed world record in a motorhome!!
Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #122

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Hey now, we've saying this for some time. Again, I'll be part of the pit crew.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #123
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YosemiteBobR:
Hey now, we've saying this for some time. Again, I'll be part of the pit crew. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can ya put on a set of stickers in 14 seconds???? IF not ...
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #124

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YosemiteBobR:
Hey now, we've saying this for some time. Again, I'll be part of the pit crew. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can ya put on a set of stickers in 14 seconds???? IF not ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always a catch, ok, so I'll gain some more weight to get those lug nuts tight (only need another 200 or so). and who was it that was going to barbque? I'll get started practicing pealing out/off the backing on those stickers Mike better send me some practice stickers Don't worry DriVer, I'll make everyone proud.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #125

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just picked up my coach after having Redlands Truck Service install the Ultrapower programming, new Taylor/Ultrapower Ignition Wires and regap the spark plugs to .045 plus other warranty work.
It is about 55 miles back home from Redlands and I just cannot believe the difference in the power when pulling the hills.
I'm extremely pleased with the folks at Redlands truck Service especially Keith, K.C. and Carol who all went out of their way to get my coach done and back to me.
If your looking for great service I highly recommend them.
No I did not nor will I recieve anything for plugging them just want others to know where to get the best service.
Isn't that what we all want and need?
I'll give a better update on the overall performance in a couple weeks after our trip.
Again my thanks to everyone at Redlands Truck Service, especially Keith who went out of his way to let me pickup my coach today.
Butt Dyno is absolutely unbelievable.

2017 Forest River Heritage Glen Lite 34' Travel Trailer
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #126

Monaco Owners Club
Just returned from our 1st trip of the year. It was from NH to Myrtle Beach, where we had the UP Upgrade done. Then it was on to Florida and back to NH for a total of 2983 miles. Normally we tow and use the generator when needed for AC. MPG without adjusting for generator seems to fall between 6.8 and 7.2. My habit is to refuel every 250 to 300 miles. Gives me a break and the $ shock is less.

This trip was without a toad. Generator use from NH to Myrtle Beach was approx 3 hrs. From Myrtle to FL and back to NH the generator was used approx 17 hrs. Some use ¾ others ½ gal adjustment per hour of use. I split the difference and used 5/8 gal per hour.

Pre Upgrade: 972.2 miles / 118.875 gal(adjusted) = 8.178 mpg. Route taken was primarily RT 95. No unusual delays or weather problems. (Side note: Not having traveled without a toad for who knows how long, we were pleasantly surprised at the mpg's)

Post Upgrade: First thing I noticed was the smoothness in acceleration from a start. Also noticeable was how when going up an incline OD didn't kick in as soon as it did before. Thus far I haven't experienced the gas savings others have had. From Myrtle Beach to my last fueling in MA we've gone 1938.7 miles used 259.791 gals (adjusted for generator) which = 7.46 mpg. Return route was different. RTs 95 – 26 – 77 – 81 – 78 – 287 – 95. No unusual delays however for a couple of days I was fighting 15 to 20 knot winds.

Been told mpg improved with time and distance. My next long trip will be Branson and I'll be towing so that will be my next big test.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote