Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #1

VIN Check on used MH

I just purchased a used 2005 Winnebego Adventurer over the memorial day weekend. We were really just looking for more information on a later purchase, but found a sweet well cared for RV with a new crate motor (8K on the motor), and well we bought it. Should be picking it up this week. it needed a new camera and some detailing but the wrong parts were sent so the pickup has been delayed.

While waiting, I've been researching the forums and found that there may be safety recalls that might not have been performed, so I'm hoping someone can check the VIN and tell me:

If all the recalls have been performed.
If it is a W22 (I hope) chassis or a W20.

The VIN is 5B4MP67G653407013

Thanks,

Art
BMW_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Art View Post
I just purchased a used 2005 Winnebego Adventurer over the memorial day weekend. We were really just looking for more information on a later purchase, but found a sweet well cared for RV with a new crate motor (8K on the motor), and well we bought it. Should be picking it up this week. it needed a new camera and some detailing but the wrong parts were sent so the pickup has been delayed.

While waiting, I've been researching the forums and found that there may be safety recalls that might not have been performed, so I'm hoping someone can check the VIN and tell me:

If all the recalls have been performed.
If it is a W22 (I hope) chassis or a W20.

The VIN is 5B4MP67G653407013

Thanks,

Art
ART: that is a 2005 W-20 chassis. It has the Bosch Brake and the fuel rail dampener clip recalls completed. There are no other recalls open.

If you want the entire build sheet, send an email to edgray1@gmail.com so I can attach it to a reply.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Google your vin will return some basic info:

Your VIN search found records for the following vehicle:
VIN:5B4MP67G653407013
Make:Workhorse
Trim:No data
Year:2005
Model:W22
Made In:United States
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
Google your vin will return some basic info:

Your VIN search found records for the following vehicle:
VIN:5B4MP67G653407013
Make:Workhorse
Trim:No data
Year:2005
Model:W22
Made In:United States
And that is a perfect example of why those type vin # searches are almost useless. They cannot know if recalls exist or have been completed, and often cannot distinguish exactly what "model" because WCC chose to group at least three distinct models under one model code (the "6" in the sixth vin position was used for W-20, W-21, & W-22 model chassis). Granted, the differences are mostly in the GVWR.

There are several of us here that can "run" a WCC vin #, and I believe most any GM dealership can also, if they choose to put forth the effort. ALL the WCC Authorized Service Centers can, and most will do so as a courtesy to owners.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #5

Thanks

Thank you all for the replies. I do appreciate the effort.
BMW_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #6

Go to the Workhorse website and you will be able to enter your chassis vin number and find out everything you ever wanted to know about your workhorse chassis. You can also register with Workhorse to get important updates and any future recall notices.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by litewave View Post
Go to the Workhorse website and you will be able to enter your chassis vin number and find out everything you ever wanted to know about your workhorse chassis. You can also register with Workhorse to get important updates and any future recall notices.

That would be very helpful indeed. Can you provide a link or the URL of this website?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:29 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
That would be very helpful indeed. Can you provide a link or the URL of this website?

Yes I'd like the link as well. The only thing I could find is a Workhorse club that requires membership. The website doesn't look like it has been updated since 2015.
Tjclarke696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjclarke696 View Post
Yes I'd like the link as well. The only thing I could find is a Workhorse club that requires membership. The website doesn't look like it has been updated since 2015.

www.workhorseclub.com is the FMCA Chapter's website. The club is open to all owners of WCC powered motor homes and membership in FMCA is required to join. The club is active, has well over 200 members, and the website is regularly updated with rally info and the periodic newsletter.

Even Without membership or login credentials, ANY visitor to the site can read the details of ALL the recalls ever issued by WCC, but this website cannot confirm specific recalls for a specific chassis vin #. It is intended as information. The info about which recalls, and if they have been completed or not, is contained in the warranty database at WCC, but that source is not open to public viewing. Access to that source of detailed info IS available to all the WCC ASCs.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #10

If possible could someone do a search for this vin # 5B4MPA7G853410210
Quiet51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet51 View Post
If possible could someone do a search for this vin # 5B4MPA7G853410210

That is a 2005 W-24 chassis. What else do you want to know?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #12

Are there any outstanding recalls?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet51 View Post
Are there any outstanding recalls?
NO. The 20601-C (steering shaft) and the 60601-C (Fuel dampener clip) recalls have both been completed and no other recalls are open.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #14

Thank you very much