Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #1

W 24 Auto Park Question

I have a New 2007 W24, Chassis Winnebago Voyage and from time to time right after starting the engine the auto park light flashes and there is a constant beep alarm. As soon as I put the transmission into drive, reverse or netural the beep stops and the light goes off. Usually this only happens after we have been parked (camping) for a few days with the levelers down and the slides out. I always start the engine before rasing the jacks or bringing in the slides. The beep and flashing auto park light will continue until the trans. is shifted into gear.
If anyone has any information that would shed some light on this issue I would sure like to hear from you.
Thank you!
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Welcome to IRV2... Hopefully "oldusedbear" will see this post and get the help you need. He is the expert on Autopark.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What kind of leveling system do you have? Starting the engine in ours sets off alarms, all leveling operations are done with the key in the acc. mode.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Welcome to IRV2... Hopefully "oldusedbear" will see this post and get the help you need. He is the expert on Autopark.
Dale, OUB has shared with us that he's not really up to speed on the J72 however I expect he will be able to share some information with us. I would hope that our W24 owners out there will come into this thread and respond.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsrv View Post
I have a New 2007 W24, Chassis Winnebago Voyage ..... If anyone has any information that would shed some light on this issue I would sure like to hear from you.
You can call Workhorse technical support at 248-588-5300 however I expect that they will ask you to go to your closest authorized service center. I can help you find the closest one to you if you need that information.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Jim,

Rather than an Autopark problem, could the alarms be related to the fact you start the engine with the slides out/jacks down? Does your Voyage use the Quickee or HWH system for slides and jacks?

I've never seen the need to run the engine to operate the jacks or slides, so I never turn the engine on 'til later. I would suggest you try it that way once.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #7

Hello all,

I appreciate the responses and hope there will be more.
I run the engine simply because I want there to be full voltage to operate the slides (Kwikee) and jacks also Kwikee. I suspect that there is some kind of an auto park error that is causing the constant beep and flashing light plus the fact that it does not always do this. The good thing is that it always stops as soon as the trans. is placed in gear. If I have to take it in for warranty repair I will, although I know that intermittent problems are sometimes hard to diagnose assuming that there is a problem.
If anyone has had a similar issue on the W24 I would really like to hear about it.

Thank you!
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #8

As Driver has mentioned, we've seen so few issues with the J72 AutoPark system, that we have very little info on it. The frustration is increased by the fact that nobody seems to know what is in the analog black box/computer that controls the system

In keeping with some of the comments above, I'd suspect this is an alarm system that is related to the "jacks down" condition. It might be an interesting experiment to let the coach off of the jacks WITHOUT starting the engine first. I doubt if there will be any shortage of available current from the batteries to do that - - Then follow through and see if that stops the alarm from sounding.

The only reason I can think of that you would have an alarm "related" to the AutoPark system and the jacks, would be something that warns you NOT to lower the coach unless the parking brake is applied. This in turn, would imply that you did not have the rig in PARK. I would GUESS that the system is interlocked so you can't start the engine unless you ARE in PARK - - Dunno that for sure tho - - just an assumption. Woulds suspect the owner's manual would speak to that.

oub

The only audible alarm associated with the J71 system, is involved with the overtravel warning. I can't envision any relationship between that and what happens in the J72 with its hydraulically actuated disc brake.