Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #15

If you give us your location we may be able to help find a dealer that will complete the recall. I know of one in my area of Pa.
Tom
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #16

I found one very close to me already have booked for the repair... thank you
Merriottr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
I am in Colorado and still looking to have the brake recall done. Has anyone had any luck finding a shop near Colorado?
Old 04-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrbe View Post
I am in Colorado and still looking to have the brake recall done. Has anyone had any luck finding a shop near Colorado?

Find A Motor Home Service Center

Enter your zip code and keep in mind this list is no longer maintained, so call before you go.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBenboy View Post
I am the proud owner of a 2003 Winnebago Brave with the W22 Workhorse Chassis. I purchased the vehicle from a individual. On the way home the brakes finally loosened up after 45 miles. After applying the brakes it would takes another 10-15 miles to loosen back up. My research revealed my Motorhome has 2 recalls. One with brakes and one with the instrument cluster. Has any else dealt with getting the recalls fixed??
I have my brakes recall scheduled to be repaired next week thanks to Ed Gray’s help - he will need you VIN and he can tell which recalls are open and which have been complete...
Old 04-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Find A Motor Home Service Center

Enter your zip code and keep in mind this list is no longer maintained, so call before you go.
Unfortunately none of the service centers on the list in Colorado will do the recall fix.
There is actually one on the list in my town and they refuse to do it.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrbe View Post
Unfortunately none of the service centers on the list in Colorado will do the recall fix.
There is actually one on the list in my town and they refuse to do it.
Sorry to hear that. Did the local shop say "why"?

I believe Navistar / WCC is still obligated to perform the recall. Is there a Navistar truck dealer anywhere nearby. Otherwise, you may have to search for WCC dealers in surrounding states.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:56 PM   #22

W22 recalls

How can I tell if my recalls were done? 2009 Bounder 35J
Thanks
Soreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #23

Ed Gray can help you on here
Old 04-26-2019, 07:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soreid View Post
How can I tell if my recalls were done? 2009 Bounder 35J
Thanks
Welcome to iRV2.com and the Workhorse forum

I found the vin # you provided in my profile comments. That is a 2008 W-22 and the WCC warranty database shows the Bosch Caliper Recall, 51101-C, is "open" which means NOT done. If you want the build sheet confirming this, send an email to edgray1@gmail.com so I can attach it to a reply.

You will have to locate a WCC ASC who will complete the recall at no expense to you, except for getting it to them. Search HERE: http://workhorse.navistar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=197
Old 04-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #25

Also have the W22 chassis

Recently purchased a 2008 Damon on the WH22 chassis. Now I’m curious if my rig has had the brake recall work done. Last 8 digits of my VIN are 73425238. Any way to determine?
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2019, 09:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomey369 View Post
Recently purchased a 2008 Damon on the WH22 chassis. Now I’m curious if my rig has had the brake recall work done. Last 8 digits of my VIN are 73425238. Any way to determine?
Thanks!
Welcome to iRV2.com
That vin is a 2007 W-22 with 19.5" wheels. The Bosch Brake recall was done 12/14/2010 @ 19,952 miles. There is another recall, 61101-C, to replace the unused fuel tank fill cap that remains "open" = NOT done. You will need to visit a WCC ASC to get that done. See the link above to locate an ASC.
If you want the build sheet, send me an email to the address above.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCoTom View Post
If you give us your location we may be able to help find a dealer that will complete the recall. I know of one in my area of Pa.
Tom
Hi MoCoTom, EdGray was kind enough to tell us that a 2002 Mountain Aire coach we want needs the caliper recall done. We live in PA and was wondering if you would share the dealer's name you mentioned in your post from last year? Thank you! TravelRN4
TravelRN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2002 Newmar getting Brake recall done now in PA

2/7/2020

I just bought a used Newmar RV that needs a few things done. I found a Workhorse Dealer in PA who is doing the W22 brake caliper recall on my 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire. It took a lot of phone calls till I found a Workhorse dealer that would do the work. Thanks for your help EdGray, your the best.

I wanted and am getting a few other things done too, upgrading the shocks with new Bilstein front and rear shock, installing Roadmaster front and rear stabalizers, a return to center stabalizer, new tires, fixing a manifold exhaust leak, fixing the retractable steps, and replacing a broken awning support arm foot.

Will let you know how it all works out.
RV_Guy_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, chassis, recall, w22