Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2006, 05:05 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
oemtech, Sorry you dont feel the power, there goes your contract with Jess. LOL
Lets hope you are getting 9MPG anyway!! Have you paid any attention to the ethanol
in the gas, do you know if you have filled up with ethanol? Va. mandated that BY
May 5, all stations would have a 10% blend. On May, 2 I left Bristol on I-81 and
went to exit 150,in Troutville, Va. My milage was 1.2 miles less that it had ever
been. I honestly do not know if the gas I bought in Bristol Va. had the 10% or not?
But it is safe to say MOST stations had the 10% ethanol on May,2..All mileage was
calculated by the on board digital puter,(HEMI) said to be high by about .5 mile.

Do you remember what you ask for as in a TUNE, H/P or MILEAGE? I ask for both, sort
of a conterdictiion in terms dont you say?? But as I pull the Liberty, I didnt want
JUST mileage. Like you I could not tell with the BD, but I could tell the engine
would respond quicker to the overpasses,and I ran in CC all the way North on I-95.
and it made it over about half of the overpasses, without droping out of overdrive.
But when it drops 1MPH it comes out of OD, and pulls to 1MPH over the CC setting,
then back to OD. Keep us informed, just the facts man!!

Oh the one tank I think was a pretty good test, I got like .5mile more MPG., 8.2
and the other high I had ever recorded was 7.7. All was interstate driving.
Toad was always in tow. And I did get it to 80MPH one time, WHITE KNUCKLE, and
I could tell the JEEP did not like going that fast, me neither! TENN.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you here yet? Bring over your tools to site 127/128. I got a project I need to get done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem... Service call is $100 just to show up and $150 hour for work... Tools and shop supply's are extra.

I have never said his product was bad and yes he does support IRV2 with his time and money. But, he is not coming to the rally because he is a nice guy. He hopes make a few $$$$$ and write the trip off as a business expense.

Is the W4M tune bad... maybe maybe not... I should know by the time I get to the rally.

As I read about Brazel's tune there seems to be at least one that feels his mileage has suffered. Does the mean that his tune is bad... Maybe maybe not

As for support of the vendors... If they have products and/or services that I feel fit my needs they will be first on the list when it comes time to purchase. But, I do not feel obligated to buy should I find comparable products/service else where.

On edit:
As for W4M being a sponsor.. I read that from a post he made. I did not hear that directly from him. If he fails to follow thru then I will take the in account the next time.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
But, I do not feel obligated to buy should I find comparable products/service else where. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No body is holding anyone's feet to the fire. You buy what you need and the heck with the rest. If you see value in one particular product over an other that's a good thing and if it works for you and makes you happy that what you have to do.

Now about that $100.00 rate of your's do you think I can get some of our skilled imported laborers to accomplish the same thing for $2.00 an hour? I don't think so but we'll talk about the rate. How about a nice donut and a cup of coffee?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:46 AM   #18
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Dale,

Those W24's are heavier than you,they should get less mileage.But in the same token your coach "stock" should be able to walk away from them on the hills.

Some of those W24's had super low rear axle's because the vendor ran out of ring & pinion's,I think it was like a 644 rear ratio.But they also have 24.5" tires that help thier cruise rpm.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:08 AM   #19
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Driver,

It's only "undercutting" if it's the same product,which from Oemtech's post,it's clearly not the same.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm at the ralley now. I had the tune done by Brazel's, By Mail order, added the new Plug Cables and Re-gap of plugs--DIY. I added a DIY CAI and I got 8.6 mpg from Tampabay , FL through GA.
I use to get between 6.5 and 7.1 mpg
I set the Cruse @ 66 mph.

I am pleased with my results.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But they also have 24.5" tires that help thier cruise rpm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the W24 really have 24.5" wheels????

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #22

Now that I have my doors taped back on (200 mph NASCAR Racing Tape) I was back to normal. Of course the mileage suffered. Not that it was bad to start with. At 60 to 65 with the dash A/C and the Honda in tow I still got 6.5mpg to almost 9mpg depending on the driving conditions. I would normally average 7.5 to 8mpg.

OBTW - I will be letting W4M the results of my tests. Stay "Tuned" - film at 11.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's only "undercutting" if it's the same product,which from Oemtech's post,it's clearly not the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should the prices be in line with each seller I will almost always go with the seller that supports the forum even if I have to pay a "few" bucks more.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But they also have 24.5" tires that help thier cruise rpm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the W24 really have 24.5" wheels????

Thudman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, 22.5" and the W24 came with a 5.86 rear end in 2005. I have lots of power and I've average 7.02mpg for the first 5800 miles on the coach, all towing a Honda. I cross the Allegheny Mountains a couple times a year near Horseshoe Curve. I have no ECM mods planned.

The new W25.5 has a 6.14 rearend.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:49 PM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brazels RV Performance:

Some of those W24's had super low rear axle's because the vendor ran out of ring & pinion's,I think it was like a 644 rear ratio.But they also have 24.5" tires that help thier cruise rpm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh......HUH?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe the reason they change the ratios is to accomadate the 6 speed allision transmission
scuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronald Z Langfitt:
I believe the reason they change the ratios is to accomadate the 6 speed allision transmission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The gear ratios support the GVW and GCWR of the chassis and have nothing to do with the 6-Speed Allison. All W20 through W25.5 feature six-speed Allison transmissions.

The 6-speed Allison will return better MPGs than the previous 5-speeds due to the .61:1 - 6th speed, 2nd overdrive gear. The 6th speed in the 06 Allison Transmission makes the high final drive gear set more MPG friendly than the 5-speed.

A W-22, W-24 and W-25.5 all use 22.5 inch tires.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If thats the case why did they go from a 5:38 to a 6:14 I was under the impression that it was to accomadate the 6 speed allision transmission.
scuffy is offline   Reply With Quote