Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #1

Warning from the AutoPark Library

We run onto some interesting stuff from time to time in the process of working on AutoPark problems.

This one is worth noting - - We have a user whose system has obviously been messed with, stuff changed etc. After getting a considerable way into the troubleshooting process, I finally phoned the owner to see if we could simplify things. At some point out of curiosity and frustration, I asked if he was the original owner - - turns out he is not, and he bought RV from local dealer.

Long story shortened - - We agreed that running a Carfax report might be worthwhile so they did that. Comes back that coach was bought back from first owner via Lemon Law in another state. The present owners were never informed of this by their seller. Needless to say, they are "looking into this."

Moral of story - - You can't be too careful these days.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Roger, I guess you’ve seen it all. Looks like the local dealer has some slainin to do!

2003 Damon DAYBREAK Model# 3275 // 2002 P32 Workhorse Custom Chassis, 8.1L Vortec 8100,180 Thermostat, .045 SP Gap, SuperSteer Rear Track Bar, Roadmaster Front Spreader Bar, SuperSteer Bell Cranks, Koni FSD ,,,
iRV4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I was really in trouble until "old used bear" came to my rescue. Our time is 3 hours different. But, he worked that out to assist me. He is in on the west coast in Oregon and I am in Tallahassee, FL.
Some animal, I think a rat severed 13 wires associated with the auto park. I soldered on new leads in that the RAT even took some of the wires with them. Then I reconnected temporarily using wire nuts. It was hard to tell the exact color of wire going to the switches because they were severed so close to the plugs. The auto park refused to work. I tried switching wires to no avail.
Roger or Old Used Bear, came to my rescue and stayed on the phone for 2 hours or more walking me through step by step while I lay on my back fumbling wires and Jan sat in the driver's seat switching the ignition and moving the selector lever. He's a patient man.
While we were checking for power to the right place at the right time, he mentioned the use of the cam switch and told me where it is located.
I had to end the days auto park work to get out from underneath the motor home and straighten my neck. So, after saying good bye to Roger for the day, just had to view the cam switch. With a flashlight I found a hole and located it. Reaching straight up through an opening or hole my elbow would not go through, I found both wires at the cam switch were also severed.
The following day I removed the metal panel from between the engine and the left front wheel and reconnected the two wires. Underneath the motor home I went. After connecting the wires like we had already tried, the auto park worked perfectly.
I can't thank Roger enough. He so freely gave his time and knowledge and increased my education to pull my out of a rally bad situation.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Walker View Post
I can't thank Roger enough. He so freely gave his time and knowledge and increased my education to pull my out of a rally bad situation.
Thanks for the feedback on OUB.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote