Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd like to thank the folks at WH, especially Ron Frazier, Andrea Clay and Nicole, for their cooperation and positive attitudes during the process of replacing my '03 Suncruiser with an '05. We are, once again, very happy campers.
Dick and Susan Panzica
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd like to thank the folks at WH, especially Ron Frazier, Andrea Clay and Nicole, for their cooperation and positive attitudes during the process of replacing my '03 Suncruiser with an '05. We are, once again, very happy campers.
Dick and Susan Panzica
Old 06-27-2005, 09:36 AM   #3

Glad things worked out for you.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow! How'd that come about? was it in the shop , often and long? What was wrong with it?
I am so frustrated with my 05 Damon Daybreak's electical problems, I came really close to giving it and $ 19 K for a new Hurricane. But thought it might have it's own problems. It's ridiculous how hard it is to get the RV dealer or WH to work on them. Great service while your buying tho.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:44 PM   #5

Originally posted by max49:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's ridiculous how hard it is to get the RV dealer or WH to work on them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Max, sorry to read of your frustration with your Damon, but I think you are way off base in criticizing WH. They have an excellent history of customer support and are more than willing to "work on them" to satisfy the owners. Granted, the service centers do not always share our desire to get us fixed immediately, but WCC will do their part in standing behind the product. ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
edgray, I'm glad you are apparently happy with how WCC has handled your problems. IMO , WCC only builds them and after that we are totaly dependent on their "authorized" service centers to do warranty work and fix things that werent right when WCC built them.
Today is 6-27-05 and Transwest GMC said they could "accept" (not necessarily start to work on it) my MH on 8-22-05. They said they could do the instrument Cluster" recall sooner but if that doesnt fix the check engine light and the "brake failure!" on the lcd and the left turn indicator light that comes on when you turn the headlights on, I'm back to 8-22-05
I found a fix for the check engine light, a 2' piece of electrical tape over the light. How ever the black electrical tape over the turn signal indicator light does not stop the (drive me nuts ) beeping at me cause it thinks I forgot to turn my turn siggnal off.
Theae should not be so hard to get fixed. WCC should give it's customer the option of getting it fixed where ever they can and WCC should reimburse us. Or get more service centers, or better yet, hire some mobil RV mechanics.

"WCC will do their part in standing behind the product." I should hope so, but what part do you think WCC will do about fixing this.
This coach has many more problems, but for now I"m begging them to please at least unplug the **** beeper so I don't go crazy driving my brand new MH over the 4th of July weekend.
Denver, Colorado
Old 06-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #7

max49,

Have you called Workhorse and talked to them about your problems?? Workhorse is normally very good to work with, and will work with their customers. Workhorse is, the service centers can be a different story though. Personally I agree on waiting unitl end of August before getting it fixed. Is the reason the service center, or parts on back order? A quick glance over your posts sounds like you either have a bad instrument cluster and/or some wiring issues.

If you haven't contacted Workhorse directly about your problems you may want to give that a try....

Erik

W22 Workhorse Chassis
Erik S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did call workhorse. She was a very nice CSR. She is the only reason I know there is a recall on my coach. No letter from WH. She also told me the where the 2 WH service centers are, both more than 45 miles across Denver away.
The parts arent on back order , they have'nt even looked at it and would'nt know what to order. They are so busy with other trucks, cars, and Rv's I guess they just can't get to them. They also know that they almost have a monopoly on where you can take it for warranty work. That's WH's fault.
Tranwest did call me back and said they should be able to get the recall item done by this FR. if I left, which I did. He was pessimistic as to whether the recall would fix my contant beeping from the turn signal but I begged him to try to fix it for me so I don't have to stuff pillows up under the dash and turn the radio up very loud to drown out the beeping. I spent so much $$ on this , I should'nt have to beg them to fix it.
I also made an appt. at the other WH svc center which is also a Damon dealer fo 7-6 -05 . A lot of driving the mh and a lot of hassle getting it there and having someone pick me up going back for it, etc. I hope they fix it.
I had such good luck with my 1st mh a 93 winnie minnie, it figures, I 'd have more problems with a brand new one. We now call it the "haunted motor house" because of all its weird electrical problems. Why would the turn signal be connected to the headlights? and a lot of other weird stuff
Denver, Colorado
Old 06-30-2005, 05:17 AM   #9

max49,

Many Workhorse Service Centers are truck repair shops and dealers...many of them dis-like the idea of working on Motorhomes. However, many are learning that motorhomes are good and good source of reveue. I know at our shop many of the guys didn't like the idea of working on a $100,000+ motorhomes. Once they learned that the chassis isn't any different than a regular truck (execpt you must really work at keeping things clean)they were ok with working on motorhomes. Some dealers are slower to learn than others though.

Regarding the problems, you would be suprised what a bad ground can cause for electrical problems. I would have to agree with the person you talked to being pessimistic about the re-flash fixing your dash.. probably won't. Most likely the instrument cluster will have to be replaced. That may fix nearly all of your problems is tyhere is a broken circuit board...

Please keep me posted as I want this be resolved in a possitive way for Workhorse and you!!! My concern is greed!!! I want more people to buy more Workhorse products, so that I have more Workhorse motorhomes coming into my shop so I don't have to have my baby boy recycle disposable diapers!!!

Erik

W22 Workhorse Chassis
Erik S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:41 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Eric, you're right they are a truck dealership. They said they absolutely never make appoitments for MH's, only acceptance dates. Which for me was 8-22-05, but another guy called and said to bring it in and they'd try to get the turn signal thing fixed. When I talked to him and took it in I told them I absolutely have to have it back by Fri, cause we have plans, reservations, etc to be at Lake Powell. Today , TH. I called to check on it and I got the feeling They have'nt started on it, altho he said they had been. He said he did'nt think they did the "instrument cluster recall" yet. Seems to me that would be the first thing to do to see what if any thing that fixed. I have an appointment at K&C RV, a WH svc center also and RV & Demon dealership on 7-6-05 but when Transwest GMC said they could look at it before our trip I took it it to them so I won't have to stuff pillows under the dash and keep the CD player blaring to drown out the "BEEP, beep.
It is weird cause on our first trip the left turn idicater would stick but we used tobe able to mess with the sigal lever or the 4 way flashers, but not any more. The fact that it only does it when the head/parking lights are on makes it more strange.
If they don't fix it , how will they get paid? O , I hope they don't say they have to order parts, like a circuit board or something then I take it to the other place and they have it in stock. It was easy to get my Minnie Winnie worked on . Cash works great, They even come to you.
Denver, Colorado
Old 06-30-2005, 06:13 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
max49,
I an alot of us can feel your flustration with the problems you are experiencing with your new coach. Some of the problems some of us have experience over the years also. 7 trailers an 6 MH's has made me be the one to resolve most of my problems with them. A site such as this can help if you have any mechanical ability to understand the workings of your coach. Read all material for your coach to understand the working systems of your coach to start.
There has been alot of discussion on grounding of your systems not just your battery side of 12 volt ckt's and also the IP display problems everyone has been having. If you go to find above these posts you will find many solutions to these problems. You can also go to the bottom left an click on my posts an find some of the discussions of these problems. I realise your coach is under warrenty but you are also under the mercy of repair centers. First thing I would do is lay on your back under steering wheel an look for that buzzer an take only one lead of it or unplug from fuse panel to stop that darn buzzer. If you have a problem repairing your rig find some friend that could help you understand what needs to be done so you will be able to enjoy your coach. There are many clubs that have people willing to help you resolve your miner problems. If you have something at home you must fix it yourself, your MH, just has wheels added. --"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did most of the work on my Minnie but that was more normal things like the furnace or fridge not lighting, fuel pump brakes etc.
I would have no idea what to do about my coaches electrical problems . "Brake failure" on LCD screen, turn signal come on when you turn headlights on , Check Engine light. Circuit boards, Instument clusters. This may be a simple fix but maybe not and if I mess up their wiring more than it is , That' will bring up the "Blame the Customer" defense. The fuse that runs the beeper also turns off all instrument lights and something else. I guess I coud tape a flashlight to the steering column so I can see the gauges. I have climbed under the dash and It's not easy to pinpoint the beeper, I may have to try again tho .
Has any one ever heard of the turn signal indicator light coming on when you turn the headlights on? The turnsignals lights outside don't come on, it doesnt blink but the high teck beeper tells me I forgot my turn signal was on.
Does any one have a suggestion. A bad ground possibly makes sense but what do I ground?
Every one I have talked to including the svc writer gives me a dazed or blank look when I tell them or show them what it's doing.
I'm sry guys, but thanks for giving me a place to vent my frustration.
Denver, Colorado
Old 07-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, got it back from Transwest GMC. They said they did the recall and everything seems to be working. NOT , exactly the same except the check engine light is off. The turn signal and beeper problem was apparently too tough for them and that's what I took it in for.
Denver, Colorado
Old 11-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a current note on Transwest GMC in Henderson. I also had my motorhome there - finished on Oct. 27th, 2006. When I picked it up next day, Saturday the 28th, I was told by the service writer that the 27th was the last day they would be a Workhorse repair center. I had run into a wait with them also - made an appointment to take in in 10 days, when I took it in they said it would be at least 10 days before they would look at it. Checked a week later and was told they did not accept appointments for motorhomes. It was 19 days later when they finished the repair. Was glad I had not taken it in during the summer. The repair I took it in for was for the autopark buzzer operating when in park. I had the autopark light come on a couple of years ago while going down Donner Pass just before Reno. There was no buzzer operation or activation of the brake. I pulled over and stopped as soon as I could and cycled the pull button. Then the brake would not release with the button pushed in. The weather was about 104 degrees that July day. After sitting for about an hour it released and everything worked fine. About a year ago the buzzer started coming on sometimes when in park and later staying on when releasing the regular brake pedal quickly on any slight incline. Sometimes after a long trip it worked ok for awhile. Transwest adjusted the autopark brake cable, This has stopped the buzzer operation problem when in park.