Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #29

Jayco Owners Club
Nice work Dale. Thank you for the effort.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #30

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dale, I dissected my old Wix GF 33481, was like 33 pleats,and came out to 34in. long
by 2.5in. wide. I was not pleased with the GLUE JOB, as it looked as tho some kid
had used all the glue in the bottle and it had run out of the bottom metal cup and
dripped into the bottom of the filter container.

As I just turned the filter up and drained the gas out of both ends, I was surprised
to see that there was a silt like grit and rust color chips that had clung to the
inside of the metal container. Wish now that I had ran the gas out of the filter into
a paper towel. The filter was less than 3yrs. old and 12 to 15K miles maybe...TENN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I copied this from another thread as it more in tune with this thread.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:18 AM   #31

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just an update on my previous post in regards to a trouble light. It turn out to be a dirty fuel filter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also copied this from the Engine Light thread. It just shows why you need to change the fuel filter.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #32

Dale, thank you for your great investigation.

So I am gusessing that since the WH fuel filter is an estimated $30-60, the promised $20+ new WH filter from the other thread where the fuel filters were such a topic never materialized. It appears that no one can make a compatible filter for the later WH chassis without charging at least double of what other filters are running. What a bummer.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:22 AM   #33

Well its been a week since I asked Workhorse for the specs on the 04 style fuel filter via the Workhorse website and still no answer.

Draw your own conclusions
Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
Well its been a week since I asked Workhorse for the specs on the 04 style fuel filter via the Workhorse website and still no answer.

Draw your own conclusions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gotta feeling your request is still being reviewed in their (WH) legal department. A copy of the request is probably being circulated thru the foreign vendor...for concurrence or opinion..or maybe WH just elected to ignore you and all other product/consumer trouble makers.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:04 AM   #35

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I gotta feeling your request is still being reviewed in their (WH) legal department. A copy of the request is probably being circulated thru the foreign vendor...for concurrence or opinion..or maybe WH just elected to ignore you and all other product/consumer trouble makers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummm, I wonder what they will do with the 6 page letter I just sent asking about various problems?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:29 AM   #36

Thor Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I gotta feeling your request is still being reviewed in their (WH) legal department. A copy of the request is probably being circulated thru the foreign vendor...for concurrence or opinion..or maybe WH just elected to ignore you and all other product/consumer trouble makers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hummm, I wonder what they will do with the 6 page letter I just sent asking about various problems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, send the answer to your letter for inclusion in your obituary.

Really, I believe consumer anwers really get tied up perpetually by product liability staff and lawyers..
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Dale, as we have the same motorhome, what problems did you write Workhorse about? Rick
Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 AM   #38

Rick,

If you can wait awhile to give WCC to reply. If they fail to reply I will publish the letter. There are only 2 pages of text the rest is photo attachments.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:29 AM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Rick,

If you can wait awhile to give WCC to reply. If they fail to reply I will publish the letter. There are only 2 pages of text the rest is photo attachments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you send it certified delivery? Do you know who at WH received it? Did you send a certified copy to the regional WH rep. Do you know that rep's name. Fax him a copy..then follow up call??
Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #40

I sent it certified/return signature. Yes, I know the region rep, but figured he would have got up the ladder so I by passed him this time.

I am just asking questions that everybody wants answers to that we are not getting.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #41

Thor Owners Club
I sent it certified/return signature. Yes, I know the region rep, but figured he would have got up the ladder so I by passed him this time.

I am just asking questions that everybody wants answers to that we are not getting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you might be on their hit list?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #42

I suspect that they would like to see me go away. But, its just not in my nature to give so easy.