Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gasoline is a lot more viscus than oil. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm surprised this was not picked up on. Gasoline is a lot lot lot LESSviscus than gasolene. I think someone needs to do research on the porosity (sorry for the spelling) of both oil and gas filters, but I don't see how the difference pertains to this thread.

This thread has been very valuable and there are lot of good ideas. I just hope that someone comes up with a replacement filter.

Everyone that participated has had great ideas.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you really think anyone at WH knows the specs for "their" fuel filter ? They're probably just glad someone decided they'd make that odd thing anyway, especially after the last guy went bellyup.
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #45

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
It's been well over 2 weeks since I sent them an email asking for info and no reply.

I received my certified mail receipt today and that my letter was received and signed for on 10-18-07. So let's see how long it takes to get a reply, if I get one of any kind. They have my postal address, my email address and my phone number.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #46

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For what it may be worth...I recently changed my gas filter at some 16,000 + miles for the first time.

I can report that during the first long trip just completed, I sensed a little more acceleration when needed and climbing power on mountains.

Now when I changed the filter, I cut it open and was surprised at the dark appearance of the filter medium and what looked like large dirt particles.

It looks to me that WH knows that changing the filter at 12,000 miles is important.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I just changed my first 2004 series filter yesterday! Now I can list that in my resume!

Regarding the filter I removed, it was an original filter off of a 2004 W24 HR and the undercoating got all over my hands. Yuk!

I was able to blow through the filter. It wasn't clogged.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #48

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was able to blow through the filter. It wasn't clogged. Hammer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't have to be completely plugged to inhibit the fuel flow to put you into limp home mode or leave you on the side of the road.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:36 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
It doesn't have to be completely plugged to inhibit the fuel flow to put you into limp home mode or leave you on the side of the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dale, I'm not sure if that's a fair statement. A human being can only put out maybe 1 or 2 psi and if I can force fuel through the filter a 55-60 psi pump would do a much better job than I can.

It was definitely time for that owner to change his filter I can guarantee that much!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 AM   #50

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dale, I'm not sure if that's a fair statement. A human being can only put out maybe 1 or 2 psi and if I can force fuel through the filter a 55-60 psi pump would do a much better job than I can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends - the average person, yes. But, Mike you are kinda special and I think you can move a bit more "Air" than the average Joe
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #51

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dale was that "HOT" or "COLD" air you were thinking that Driver can move?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #52
B K

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dale, I'm not sure if that's a fair statement. A human being can only put out maybe 1 or 2 psi and if I can force fuel through the filter a 55-60 psi pump would do a much better job than I can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure blowing air and pumping gas are comparable. Fluids are harder to pump. It's a combination of flow at pressure that count.

B K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #53

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B K:
Not sure blowing air and pumping gas are comparable. Fluids are harder to pump. It's a combination of flow at pressure that count. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's Driver !!

While this is fun, Driver has largely provided good and useful info for us.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM   #54
B K

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYTYER:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B K:
Not sure blowing air and pumping gas are comparable. Fluids are harder to pump. It's a combination of flow at pressure that count. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's Driver !!

While this is fun, Driver has largely provided good and useful info for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yikes! If my small point was taken as criticism I apologize. Driver is obviously generous with his knowledge and valuable contributor.

B K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #55

Not trying to "roast" anyone. I think we all tend blow a little "HOT" air at times. I suspect that I would be right up near the top

Just having a bit of fun with my old bud Mike.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
It's all good!

iRV2 is designed to be as much fun as it informative.

It is my hope that it's what makes us different and that folks enjoy coming here everyday to see what's going on over at iRV2.