Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the 19.5 steel wheels on my coach and had a slow leak in the right front. It took me about three days of keeping it aired up before I could get to a tire shop. They found it was not the tire but a cracked wheel. As it turned out it was NOT an Accuride wheel but a Monson wheel. The one that cracked was the only one that was not an Accuride wheel. The coach is 5 years old so I know it is long out of warranty but am disapionted that all the wheels were not the same. The tire shop even said it looked like a factory defect but after that much time it would be hard to prove.
Just wanted to vent a little since I will be shopping for a new wheel when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Jerry Ray

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
rvjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the 19.5 steel wheels on my coach and had a slow leak in the right front. It took me about three days of keeping it aired up before I could get to a tire shop. They found it was not the tire but a cracked wheel. As it turned out it was NOT an Accuride wheel but a Monson wheel. The one that cracked was the only one that was not an Accuride wheel. The coach is 5 years old so I know it is long out of warranty but am disapionted that all the wheels were not the same. The tire shop even said it looked like a factory defect but after that much time it would be hard to prove.
Just wanted to vent a little since I will be shopping for a new wheel when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Jerry Ray

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
Old 09-07-2007, 02:34 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
Jerry, you never mentioned weather you are the original owner, if so, that's a bummer, but remember dealers also do unusual things...if not, you'll never know what could have been done by the original owner.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:03 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It won't cost you much to complain to the factory that one wheel is different. Try it, worst that can happen is they say "NO, NOt our responsibility"

also, at 5 years consider new tires all the way round.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #5

We had a cracked 22.5 wheel in Montana while enroute to the east coast. Same problem, slow leak that gradually got worse. I carry a spare so I had that installed. Checked at several tire shops but could not find a hub mount, 8 hole, 22.5 X 6.75 wheel anywhere. Finally had Cummins in Normal, IL order one from Workhorse and I picked it up on our way through. Sure glad I carry that spare or we would have been held up in Montana for who knows how long. We had the slow leak for quite some time and then in Montana it suddenly started losing about 1 lb per mile. The PressurePro tire monitor system let me know that the problem was getting worse. Since we didn't ruin any tires I think we were pretty lucky. Those 22.5 wheels are pricey.

2006 Gulfstream Ultra LE 6316
ghamblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GerryB54:
Jerry, you never mentioned weather you are the original owner, if so, that's a bummer, but remember dealers also do unusual things...if not, you'll never know what could have been done by the original owner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'm the original owner and I ordered this coach straight from the factory. I took delivery the day after the coach was delivered to the dealer so I soppose they could have switched out a wheel but why pick the right front?

Jerry

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
Old 09-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John-D:
It won't cost you much to complain to the factory that one wheel is different. Try it, worst that can happen is they say "NO, NOt our responsibility". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what I intend to do Monday, who knows it might actually work.
Jerry

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
Old 09-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ghamblen:
We had a cracked 22.5 wheel in Montana while enroute to the east coast. Same problem, slow leak that gradually got worse.We had the slow leak for quite some time and then in Montana it suddenly started losing about 1 lb per mile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, had the slow leak for about a week before I could get to Les Schwabs. Still seems strange to me that the odd wheel was the one to crack.

Jerry

2003 35-E Bounder W-22
Old 09-08-2007, 02:38 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvjer:Yes, I'm the original owner and I ordered this coach straight from the factory. I took delivery the day after the coach was delivered to the dealer so I soppose they could have switched out a wheel but why pick the right front? Jerry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for replying, doubt the dealer had time to scavange from it then, but the longer one sits in their possession, the more parts seem to disappear...good luck.