Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2005, 04:34 AM   #15

According to WH the wiper/washer system is provided by the coach builder so my pump is out of warranty.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2005, 05:40 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Remember the old days. The washer pump was a rubber blatter that you pushed with your foot. Not much to wear out. Oh well, the Good Old Days.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Pushin40, the pump that goes in your washer tank is not that expensive and you can get one at a auto supply store. Had to replace one on an 88 Cruise Air a while back, pump just slips out of tank after disconnect. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":
Pushin40, the pump that goes in your washer tank is not that expensive and you can get one at a auto supply store. Had to replace one on an 88 Cruise Air a while back, pump just slips out of tank after disconnect. "007" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My replacement was even easier... I left the old pump in the tank to act as a filter and inserted an in-line pump after it. However the fried pulse module means no power to the new pump so I wired a switched on the dash that I push when I want fluid to flow.

All in all about $25 for the switch, relay, pump, fuse holder and crimp connectors.

But according to WH this is a builder supplied item and different on every unit. I know the wiring diagrams from WH were useless so I tend to believe them.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #19

After an hour or so of frustrating work I was finally able to remove the windshield washer tank. Two of the retaining nuts are easy. The ones on the bottom are VERY difficult to reach. I got one, then turned the reservoir down, and was then able to reach the 4th nut from the top side.

After disconnecting the pump, I checked voltage to the pump and had something just over 14vdc. Put the pump on a 12v gel cell, and didn't get any action from the pump.

I removed the brass colored cover from the rotor, and checked it good, but didn't see any broken wires or burn marks.

This is a round pump. It is approx. 2" long, and 1" in dia. On the pump end there are a pair of plastic "wings" that extend 180 deg. opposite one another that uses two phillips screws to attach it to matching "wings" on the tank.

Are these pumps off the shelf items, or will I have to buy a complete new tank assembly?

I did a cursory search on the web for a replacement pump, but didn't find anything matching mine.

My coach is a 2004...wonder if WH will spring for a new tank assembly, and drop ship it to me for replacement? Hardly worth the effort to drive 300 miles RT to get a WH dealer to replace it.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Most auto parts stores will have pumps that you can just put inline with the old pump still in place.

Coincidentely, my pump is not working. I was at a dealer for service and they ordered a new pump. I'm under warranty.

Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:38 AM   #21

I found a exact replacement for mine at Car Quest the other day. Hardest part of reinstalling was getting the rubber grommet into the hole on the bottom of the tank. Everything works - at least for now.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:42 AM   #22

Seems to be a trend with the washer motors, I wonder if its related to the problem with the wiper modules?