Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is right! Winnebago is building an Adventurer 37 & 39' Limited on the Workhorse 26,000 lb. "UFO" chassis and it looks ten times better than the Destination. The front end cap of the Destination has been scrapped and replaced with a Tour DP front end cap and it has a new interior. My hat is off to Winnebago Industries for realizing how butt ugly they made the Destination. However, this new Adventurer Limited is quite easy on the eye and I think buyers will find it much more appealing. You won't find this information on W's website, but what I'm telling you is true! Chuck/Bagman57.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is right! Winnebago is building an Adventurer 37 & 39' Limited on the Workhorse 26,000 lb. "UFO" chassis and it looks ten times better than the Destination. The front end cap of the Destination has been scrapped and replaced with a Tour DP front end cap and it has a new interior. My hat is off to Winnebago Industries for realizing how butt ugly they made the Destination. However, this new Adventurer Limited is quite easy on the eye and I think buyers will find it much more appealing. You won't find this information on W's website, but what I'm telling you is true! Chuck/Bagman57.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #3

You are right. There are two links on the Winnebago Owners Forum with lots of information. The threads are: "2008 Adventurer "Limited Edition" and "2008 Winnebago Adventurer UFO"
Old 04-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CHUCK: Your enthusism is well founded. At the WCMC rally in Tucson the local dealer, LaMesa RV, had several on display. One of our members bought the 37GL off the display and several others (including myself) were also seriously thinking this might be "the one".

You are right about it being a major improvement in styling for those of us who like a more "traditional" interior. The front cap is "prettier" and the twin chrome turn-down tailpipes really accent the rear. The Limited comes in two paint schemes and two interior colors. My understanding is that this "Limited" Adventurer truely is, as all have already been built. My hope is that these units will sell out quickly, and that Winnebago will add similar offerings to their 2009 model year products.

ED

I'm much happier now that I've lowered my........ expectations.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank-you for your comments Ed. I hate to sound like a party pooper, but basically I was pretty disappointed with what the RV manufacturers did with original attempt with building on the Workhorse "UFO". Some went with the short 228" wheel base, others had goofy floor plans, and I just didn't like the exterior looks of the Destination and Latitude and it was reported here that the interior wasn't so great either. I still feel that the Rexhall Aerbus is the sexiest of the group when it comes down to exterior styling, but I do like what Winnebago did with this Adventurer Limited! The shame of it is, the "UFO" is a superior chassis and I hope it catches on! Regards, Chuck.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edgray:
My understanding is that this "Limited" Adventurer truely is, as all have already been built.ED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed, the sad part is in the South West La Mesa has all the units. UGH!!

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just checked Lazy Days in Tampa. They have 1 39WL, 2 38T, and 4 38J UFO's in stock.

Richard
Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avalondanes:
Just checked Lazy Days in Tampa. They have 1 39WL, 2 38T, and 4 38J UFO's in stock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Richard, Regarding those models you wrote about in your post, the only one that is a UFO is the 39WL.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avalondanes:
Just checked Lazy Days in Tampa. They have 1 39WL, 2 38T, and 4 38J UFO's in stock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Richard, Regarding those models you wrote about in your post, the only one that is a UFO is the 39WL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it may already be sold.

http://www.lazydays.com/(X(1)S(qi5oegfuqufqzbb3zcug4m55..._Motorhomes_017. html
Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Unless I missed something in that link, I did'nt see anything to let me know it a rear engine gasser.
Since thyey want to promote the sale, why do you think they don't even mention that it's a UFO?
Are'nt the front engines ones a little cheaper too?
I would'nt even know it a UFO except for the picture of the back of the rig. And some might think it a DP
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
My mistake. Was looking at the pictures and the rear side vents threw me.

Richard
Old 04-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #12
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by max49:
Unless I missed something in that link, I didn't see anything to let me know it a rear engine gasser. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lazy Days is probably the largest RV dealership in the country and by the time this article is edited for content, the unit most likely would have been sold.

Yes front engined chassis are less expensive, not cheaper.

But you did recognize it as a UFO so it would seem that the guys that wrote the product description are also figuring the same thing.

Max, The LD marketing promo for the product does not simply pertain to this unit but it isn't difficult at all to find a number of other products for sale whose description is in error or incomplete.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
Just checked Lazy Days in Tampa. They have 1 39WL, 2 38T, and 4 38J UFO's in stock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Richard, Regarding those models you wrote about in your post, the only one that is a UFO is the 39WL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe Lazy Days had another '08 Adventurer Limited that sold in one day.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 AM   #14
paz

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the UFO Adventurer Limited is selling as fast as it seems to be selling, why is the production limited? Why not just add a UFO Adventurer as a sub-model of the Adventurer? Is Winnebago test marketing the UFO chassis in the Adventurer to see if it is more successful than the Latitude and Destination?

paz is offline   Reply With Quote