Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnie Adventurer UFOs

Benson, AZ

In the last five weeks we came across three of the Winnebago Adventurer Limited models on the Workhorse UFO chassis. They were seen near Salem, OR, Lodi, CA and just yesterday we passed one on I-8 east of San Diego. Given the small number of units built in that configuration, I find these sightings rather remarkable.

I wonder what number of sales Winnebago could have done with a real concentration on the Adventurer Limited?
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Frank,

Given the number of builds out there the fact that you saw 3 Limiteds is remarkable. Adventurer Limiteds appear to move off the lots a lot quicker that the previous Destination/Latitudes.

The UFO chassis is a nice machine and I wish that I could get one.

Thanks for the report! I wish you a safe trip back to Florida.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I believe the reason is simply that LaMesa RV had lots of these units in it's west coash inventory.
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't see the UFO Adventurer listed in the Winnebego brochures anymore, any ideas why Winnebego doesn't continue to offer it?
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I don't see the UFO Adventurer listed in the Winnebago brochures anymore, any ideas why Winnebago doesn't continue to offer it?
Easyrider, The UFO Adventurer LE (Limited Edition) was true to its name sake - "Limited." I believe they may have made as many as 100 units and that was the end of the run.

Featured in this successful build were cabinets and amenities that Winnebago owners have loved for many years. When the style changed from "Euro Deco" for a lack of a better description to "Conventional Adventurer" I expect that folks couldn't get enough of them.

In 2010 the Adventurer maintains the same styling and they have not ventured from what works. The Destination/Latitude was a bold experiment that RV buyers just weren't ready for. Exactly how much of that was a trust relationship between the UFO chassis and the buyer is up to speculation.

Personally, to have driven a UFO is next to being on a short list to buy one. A truly remarkable machine in all ways the UFO has broken ground where previously rear engine gas chassis technology was proven to be unsuccessful.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Easyrider, The UFO Adventurer LE (Limited Edition) was true to its name sake - "Limited." I believe they may have made as many as 100 units and that was the end of the run.

Featured in this successful build were cabinets and amenities that Winnebago owners have loved for many years. When the style changed from "Euro Deco" for a lack of a better description to "Conventional Adventurer" I expect that folks couldn't get enough of them.

In 2010 the Adventurer maintains the same styling and they have not ventured from what works. The Destination/Latitude was a bold experiment that RV buyers just weren't ready for. Exactly how much of that was a trust relationship between the UFO chassis and the buyer is up to speculation.

Personally, to have driven a UFO is next to being on a short list to buy one. A truly remarkable machine in all ways the UFO has broken ground where previously rear engine gas chassis technology was proven to be unsuccessful.

IMHO the interiors of the 08 Latitude/Destination can best be described as Contemporary/Scandinavian and the Adventurer LE interiror as Traditional
trimmed cabinetry. The Contemporary version has a very spacious interior created by the curved cabinetry. The 09 version of the Lat/Destination was changed in 09. The traditional cabinetry became standard with the Contemporary version available as an option. So to was the engine. In 09 the diesel was standard and the UFO gaser was an option. I love my UFO gaser and my spacious Contemporary interior, but understand I may be in the minority on the interior. Note,the lower front cap on the 08 Lat/Des was bugged eyed and not very pretty IMHO and was also changed in 09. The UFO handles great and the 8.1/Allison is super and my 39w floor plan perfect for me and my price could not be walked away from. I am extremely happy with mine. I hope the UFO comes back into come use. Currently only Rexair seems to be using it. Truely amazing that so many Adventurer UFOs were seen in that short of time. Cheers!

Greg
Old 11-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an '08 37' Adventurer Limited and love all the amenities and chasis. We looked for nearly a year before buying. We had an 05 Fleetwood Class C. What a difference! The ride and quietness is truly appreciated. I can't say enough good after putting on 6,400 miles in a months time this past July. Can't wait to go to Alaska next June. Oldcrowlarry
oldcrowlarry is offline   Reply With Quote