Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2008, 05:36 AM   #71

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please enlighten me on what years were affected and what the problem was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WCC Bulletin No. 60401-C dated October 2004 regarding Catalytic Converter recall states :
"A total of 11,711 model year 2003 vehicles built with 8.1 liter gasoline engine are involved. The VIN range is 355763 through 372635. All units with 8.1 engine with last six digits of VIN in this range will require catalytic converter replacement."

The problem was that WCC had apparently inadvertantly used different cats than the ones GM used when they did the emmissions certification. The original cats were not bad, just "different". ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #72

Thanks Ed,
I am not involved in that campaign.
Dave
Old 03-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #73

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I have never heard why the cat replacement was not covered under the emission control warranty?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #74

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am not involved in that campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, Dave I figured you were probably not because Mike at Brazels would have pointed that out....they are that good! But I thought the campaign info might help another reader, as we continue to attract new members all the time.

Glad you finally got past the SMOG tester! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnebout View Post
UPDATE: Both the original cats were empty shells. I believe that the original owner may have taken out the guts. I had 2 new cats put in to the tune of 750.00

Picked up the coach thursday evening and drove it home. I was in traffic the whole way so I didn't really get a chance to see what the power loss was with the new cats in. Before I got home i stopped in and passed the smog test, so that's done.

Friday we went camping. I had a better opportunity to see how much power loss I got with the new cats. It is pretty substantial, so when I got to the campsite I decidedc to look at what was done under the coach. To my surprise the new cats they put in are pretty small. Something you would see in a average sized vehicle.

Do you think that they should have put in the larger stock cats? Do you think that the smaller cats are inhibiting power?
Just came up to this post, I know is pretty old , but if you still have your coach I would like to know what was the outcome of your cats converter problem.
I have an 2004 W-22 with cats problems and very confused about what is going on and why the cats fail. Wonder if the recall campaign should have included the 2004 chassis as well.

Thanks, Pete