Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #43

Thank You OUB for the fine dissertation. It seems that the only way to prevent a failure of the RGS, both, green & grey is to get ones that are bulletproof. I noticed that Brazel's offers a set as direct replacement and am considering the cost of breaking down in the middle of nowhere with possible side consequences of an at speed failure versus the premium price of the "more reliable" switches.

Having experienced the lock up, I do not want to repeat it again.

BTW, the problem was an intermittent sticky solenoid dump valve. The Generous Motors dealer was of little help at the time.

Regards,
Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #44

apb problems

Thanks for the participation, Steve.

The upscale switches are certainly an option. Another avenue would be to buy as spares, the much less spendy gray and green ones from Amazon (ballpark fifty bucks for the pair) and then build and install the Genie Lamp. The Genie will cost you about twenty bucks if you shop for your parts yourself (we have a parts kit but you can save by buying the individual pieces), and then do your own installation. Regardless of whose switches you are using, the Genie will tell you just about everything you need to know (about your autopark's performance) as you are going down the road. In most cases you'll get a warning before disaster strikes, and you'll be able to get off the road and make temporary or permanent fixes before you toast your parking brake. Even with the better switches, you could encounter fluid loss, actuator leaks, blown fuses, solenoid or relay failure etc. The Genie will help you monitor all those possibilities so you can address them should they occur.

If you DO opt for the fancier switches, it would be neat if you could report back here about your experience with them. Most of us would be really interested in this as I don't think we've had much feedback on this subject as yet.

The solenoids (for what it is worth) can often be salvaged by a cleaning process. Also, burned out solenoid coils can be replaced at a fraction of the cost to replace the whole valve.

Thanks again to you and all the others who are adding useful information on this subject of AutoPark.

oldusedbear aka Roger
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #45

Roger,

I am still doing my due diligence on these "fancy" switches. If they do pass muster, I would be happy to inform the community of my results.

Regards

Steve
is.chowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #46

pressure switches

That would be great, Steve. We'll be watching for your post. Many thanks.

oub
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #47

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Roger,
I have added your post above to the web site s part of the Autopark Info,
Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #48

autobrake stuck W22 chassis

I am "stuck" in autobrake and am about to call the Workhorse service center so is there a quick education on this problem? I don't have time to read all the posts right now [but I will!] I need to get my coach moving.

thanks, redhawk1
redhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #49

Redhawk - - Contact me at oldusedbear11@charter.net

We can help you

Roger - - aka oldusedbear at the AutoPark Library

(we live not too far from you - - Southern Oregon Coast in Brookings)

Tags
chassis