RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #1

Workhorse custom chassis

Anyone have contact info for workhorse chassis. Email contact for execitives of the company. send to gary.r.jones@comcast.net

My motor home is in the 5th month waiting on work horse parts. All replys will be kept confidential.

Thanks,

Gary R Jones

gary r jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #2

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Workhorse was CLOSED by its owner, Navistar, back in 2012. So, there are NO executives left to contact.

The rights to the name and the production facility was since sold to a new company that has NOTHING to do with RVs.

The good news is that there are lots of us HERE that may be able to help you. What is wrong that is keeping your coach tied up?

edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #3

What parts? I've Never been grounded for a chassis part ever.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'd be curious to as to what part and what dealer you are, or aren't as the case may be, working with.

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
What parts? I've Never been grounded for a chassis part ever.
Today's computerized chassis are a bit more complicated than yours.

Unfortunately, there are "some" parts on the UFO which are extremely hard to come by. The ONLY manufacturer of the HPB system is apparently producing them only a few at a time.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know the r-26 HCU/ECU is hard to get but five months seems to be an extreme amount of time. I think you should be directing your attention to Meritor at this point. Workhorse, what's left of it, can't really resolve this issue for you. IMHO.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Trying to find "workhorse branded" parts is almost impossible. Workhorse was a gm chassis line for MH and cube vans, etc. That was sold off 2008 when they declared bankruptcy so you cant find any listing through gm. Navistar bought the name and screwed it up. I found the right parts guy at a carrier truck center. he knew how to work the cross references. He wasnt a spring chicken. He found all my brake parts he even had some in stock. The parts are out there because gm still uses them, but you have to find a cross reference. If you were waiting 5 months somebody dropped the ball.
jsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:20 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What parts are you looking for ?
Old 01-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #9

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We carry genuine Workhorse parts for all chassis...not sure why you think they aren't available?

There are times when more specialized parts that were only used for a limited time, for say like on the UFO which was only built for 2 years, that it takes more time to get the parts from the manufacturer because they have to special build them by order.
Brazel's RV Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsides View Post
Trying to find "workhorse branded" parts is almost impossible. Workhorse was a gm chassis line for MH and cube vans, etc. That was sold off 2008 when they declared bankruptcy so you cant find any listing through gm. Navistar bought the name and screwed it up. I found the right parts guy at a carrier truck center. he knew how to work the cross references. He wasnt a spring chicken. He found all my brake parts he even had some in stock. The parts are out there because gm still uses them, but you have to find a cross reference. If you were waiting 5 months somebody dropped the ball.
Maybe you aren't looking in the right spots? Between Oemy's and Ultra RV Products I have found every Workhorse part I have needed.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsides View Post
Not sure where you got such bad info, but I make it my business to keep the facts straight regarding the history of Workhorse. Please don't take my comments personally, but here is the real story.......

Andrew Taits (sp) created WCC when he bought the Chevy P32 chassis business from GM in 1999. He moved assembly line to Union City, IN and hired some key former GM chassis people to help build the new company. Around 2006-07 Mr. Taits sold WCC to Navistar who allowed their WCC subsidiary to suffer a fatal demise after the loss of the GM 8.1L, which GM stopped making to pacify the Feds during the bailout . Navistar "mothballed" the WCC company, it was never bankrupted. Navistar later sold the Workhorse name and U.C. IN. facilities to AMP, LLC who claims to be making electric trucks, but apparently has no interest in RVs.

The Workhorse PARTS division was called UpTime Parts, and it is still operating as a subsidiary of Navistar. UTP supplies parts and technical assistance to WCC and Navistar authorized service centers, such as Ultra.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:33 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Isnt internet wonderful all the info that will pop up when you cant find parts. You can get them on line but not on the ground in stores. Napa and Carquest eg have minimal listings for workhorse, up in Ontario. Thanks for the listings. Am glad somebody cleared up the demise of workhorse. It was always sort of foggy the years 2000 up.
jsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:55 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The reason GM stopped production on the 8.1 was the discontinuation of the 1500HD/2500HD/3500HD Chevy and GMC trucks. The new HD trucks were fitted with the LS series motor which made more horsepower and nearly the same torque. The low volume of the 8.1, and the several million dollar cost of getting it recertified for the new environmental requirements made it expendable. Sad day for the big block lovers.

Dave
Old 01-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #14

I thought it was the med-duty truck demise. GM still makes 2500 & 3500 pickups don't they?

Tags
chassis, workhorse