Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeeB:
For those of us in California...I still wonder if CARB is going to except the UP and the CAI... Upgrades

I am out of warrenty so to me it makes no differance what GM says..... Just what the CARB says </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee, had mine smog tested three or four months ago, they didn't say a word and I didn't say I had the upgrade. It passed.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
There seems to be three issues not yet addressed in the prior comments. 1. There have been inquiries about haveing the ECM upgrade done at the WCC Rally; and 2. The CYA needed by WCC regarding emissions controls. Regardless of the actual impact on measured emissions, as mentioned in another thread, the documentation that supports meeting emission standards is possibly no longer accurate after the ECM upgrade; 3. The volume of folks doing a specific action (ECM upgrade) is such that WCC can't ignore it. I have a new rig, still under warranty, that was unsafe as produced by Monaco/Safari/WCC. The TracBars and Koni shocks have made it drivable. The ECM program makes it more pleasant to drive (and possibly more economical). There is "butt dyno" emperical data that suggests the engine and chassis will actually last longer with the upgrade than with out. What to do?...What to do?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:47 AM   #31

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
WilyRay,

1) I doubt that any vendor that does this kind of performance upgrade will get invited to any WCC sponsored event.

2) The bulletin is just that - A CYA. They can use it to reject any claim without proving anything. IE - You are guilty until proven innocent even though the burden of proof is on then. They have deep pockets - we don't.

3) Total number of successful upgrades has nothing to do with. It is more of a Not Invented Here problem. I have yet to hear about or see any damage done by the upgrade.

Here is an example of the double standard:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "¢ Any change or modifications to the engines exhaust system </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yet, WCC sells an SSC option with headers. Go figure.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:17 AM   #32

Has been referenced twice - The Magnussen-Moss act is still in effect,this protect's the consumer against the manufacture in the case of a failure,when an aftermarket part is installed. Much ado about nothing - as nothing has changed for any of us that have made performance, reliability or dirveability mods to our coaches.

Custom CAI
jbrnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 AM   #33

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YosemiteBobR:

Lee, had mine smog tested three or four months ago, they didn't say a word and I didn't say I had the upgrade. It passed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob did you have the Cold Air Induction DONE?

Thanks Lee
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
Well now it is official.... during your warranty period don't do any mods. This is nothing new.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the new warranty is 100,000 miles!

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:36 AM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here is a link to a very good explanation of what exactly the Magnussen-Moss Act actually says regarding our rights under a written and implied warranty.
http://www.mlmlaw.com/library/guides...s/undermag.htm

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:53 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by "007":

Only failure I have heard of was a TCM reprogram where they messed up the ECM Ultra Power program. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pinging, after mods, has been reported by a few on iRV2. Pinging is pre-detonation and can severely damage an engine.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:21 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Would also like to know if the person's coach that passed California smog test had the Cold Air Induction? You could fail the inspection before they ever put the test equipment on the coach just by seeing this "mod" to the air intake system. This is why other companies, ie, K&N, give you a sticker to apply so the smog test station can see that the "mod" is CARB exempt. Still waiting for this to happen for my Cold Air Induction . Rick
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 AM   #38

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rickandcheryl:
Would also like to know if the person's coach that passed California smog test had the Cold Air Induction? You could fail the inspection before they ever put the test equipment on the coach just by seeing this "mod" to the air intake system. This is why other companies, ie, K&N, give you a sticker to apply so the smog test station can see that the "mod" is CARB exempt. Still waiting for this to happen for my Cold Air Induction . Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick, no I do not have the CAI, it is a stock intake.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 AM   #39

I think that IF Brazel's offers in writing to cover all of your legal fee's and represent you in a dispute with Workhorse, you should have nothing to worry about. However, if they only say you are covered by federal law and don't worry about it, I would be concerned. I do not know what the warranty from Brazel's says.
Texas Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:42 AM   #40

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Texas Bubba:
I think that IF Brazel's offers in writing to cover all of your legal fee's and represent you in a dispute with Workhorse, you should have nothing to worry about. However, if they only say you are covered by federal law and don't worry about it, I would be concerned. I do not know what the warranty from Brazel's says. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bubba, that is like asking every aftermarket vendor in US to cover your legal fees, come on now. It's an aftermarket product, you accept it or not, quite simple, or should we get rid of all the auto-parts stores and just tell people to go to the dealer?
Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #41

Your warranty can be messed with before any aftermarket stuff is installed also.If your frame has been streched to lengthen the wheel base W/H will deny any claims on it.You should all check your frame rails!
campercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oemtech:
WilyRay,

1) I doubt that any vendor that does this kind of performance upgrade will get invited to any WCC sponsored event.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Along with a number of other folks, Redlands Truck programed my ECM at the Workhourse Club Rally at Hemet, CA in March.

A WH representative was well aware of Redlands Truck being there and was referring folks to them for service.

Bob, wa7hra