Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvten:
My MH runs fine right out of the box. SO why screw with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Goes back to why fix it .... IF it ain't broke.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can see it all now in the coming years BRAZEL's will be as large as Micro-Soft the parties at GM in order to survive will have to send all their ECM's to Brazel's Corp for programing because the Japanese and China have found a easy way to save on fuel.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #59

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Why would any one be surprised that adding HP and/ or torque to an engine could jeopardize their warranty? As a teenager, I called this "souping it up".
WH chooses to sell this engine with 340 HP and ?? so much torque. Mercruiser takes the same 8.1ltr engine and makes it with 450+ HP for boats.
Theoreticaly WH could say that by adding HP and torque , you not only put extra strain / stress on the engine but also the transmission, driveshaft, U- joints differential, and axles.
You can't modify your car TV set, washer , dryer or any thing else and expect the original mfgr to guarantee this won't cause problems. Of course you have got to 'soup it up' under your own responsibility. WH warranties their work, let the other guy warranty their own work.
I'm sure their are some aftermarket components that improve the vehicle however it doesn't make me want to buy a W series WH when I see all the people on this forum advertising for all the trac bars, torsion bars, ultra powers , cold air intakes and I don't know what else to makes their WH something they like.
Where are the aftermarket companies when it comes to a reliable simple parking brake? And if an aftermareket company would make a simple mechanical driveshaft parking brake, I certainly wouldn't expect WH to warranty it.
PS, just because it passes an 'emissions or smog test' doesnj't make it legal. I completely gutted a catalytic converter a long time ago for my daughters' Honda. It ran super after that and passed emissions, no problem

I've always wondered why that if the aftermarket products are so much better, why don't they just make and sell their own vehicle?
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #60

I am interested in finding out what the EO# is for the Ultra Power update.
Randy
knebrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brazels RV Performance:
Geechee,

See my other post & don't buy our stuff.But please keep up the post's my phone is ringing off the hook.My UPS bill will be pretty large for all the free shipping I'm offing as long as they mention Geechee or FrontrangeRVer's name's when they call.You guy's rock! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Excelent Mike , I'm going to see Keith in the morning to get my Ultrapower. Keep up the GREAT work .
Marty
Old 05-03-2007, 06:13 AM   #62

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:

Just a heads up. On another chat board, there is a highly respected poster that is a Chevrolet Dealer, and he says they won't even LOOK at your engine with this "mod" because of THEIR risk.

Why risk losing your warrantee? Because "Mike" says it is ok? Workhorse and GM says it's NOT ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not quite what he said. In response to another Chevy dealer's claim that he had not seen warranties voided, he said that he had seen it happen. He did not say "they won't even LOOK at your engine with this "mod" because of THEIR risk".

There are many risks in life. We all differ in how we assess risks. You seem to have assessed the risk that an ECM mod will void your warranty. I don't agree with your assessment. But, if that's what you believe, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't read Workhorse's notice as an absolute and am willing to live with the risk, in exchange for better performance.

To each his own.

Bill

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 AM   #63
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Not to argue but I have been a GM dealer for a lot longer than ten years and have absolutely seen warranty denied because of modification. I have had engine claims that were denied because of speed parts added, vibration and handling problems denied because of aftermarket wheels and tires, and electrical problems refused warranty because of added options improperly installed. I have also seen "chipped" and or reprogrammed units that had drivability problems that we refused to work on.

If you attempt as the dealer to make repairs on these types of problems you assume two risks. One being in direct violation of policy and procedures and two the liability of repair on a unit that might not be able to be repaired. Then again, I have seen many dealers do a lot of strange things simply for the sake of making a dollar or two.
Frontalranger,

Where does he say he wont even look at your engine??? Quit trying to bend the facts!Workhorse will NOT & cannot void your warranty because you have UltraPower installed,PERIOD!

I'll give you something else to chew on...Workhorse sends us Brazels RV Performance ECM's to reprogram when the speedometer's are not reading the correct speed's...Does that mean those warranties are void,ABSOLUTELY NOT!

That Chevy dealer also said "problems denied because of aftermarket wheels and tires" So if you have dealer installed alcoa wheels your warranty could have issue's.

Quit being a keyboard coward and changing peoples words.Atleast be a man and copy & paste what someone said.Again if you don't want it don't buy it!! Have a Great day!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #64
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote from rv.net Not to argue but I have been a GM dealer for a lot longer than ten years and have absolutely seen warranty denied because of modification. I have had engine claims that were denied because of speed parts added, vibration and handling problems denied because of aftermarket wheels and tires, and electrical problems refused warranty because of added options improperly installed. I have also seen "chipped" and or reprogrammed units that had drivability problems that we refused to work on".

"If you attempt as the dealer to make repairs on these types of problems you assume two risks. One being in direct violation of policy and procedures and two the liability of repair on a unit that might not be able to be repaired. Then again, I have seen many dealers do a lot of strange things simply for the sake of making a dollar or two".
Frontalranger,

Where does he say he wont even look at your engine??? Quit trying to bend the facts!Workhorse will NOT & cannot void your warranty because you have UltraPower installed,PERIOD!

I'll give you something else to chew on...Workhorse sends us Brazels RV Performance ECM's to reprogram when the speedometer's are not reading the correct speed's...Does that mean those warranties are void,ABSOLUTELY NOT!

That Chevy dealer also said "problems denied because of aftermarket wheels and tires" So if you have dealer installed alcoa wheels your warranty could have issue's.

Quit being a keyboard coward and changing peoples words.Atleast be a man and copy & paste what someone said.Again if you don't want it don't buy it!! Have a Great day!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #65
Official iRV2 Sponsor

But what you are saying is they loose their warranty as soon as they install UltraPower.Again if you are not interested then don't worry about it.Taking things out of context get's you in trouble.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
....and please keep the name calling to yourself..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sgt Friday on Dragnet would have said, "Just the facts"

Text used to substantiate a claim and "quoted" accurately would not be impeachable.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #67
Official iRV2 Sponsor

from frontranger
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Here is the bottom line folks....you change your shocks to Koni's, you will still have the Workhorse Chassis warrantee...

You "chip" your engine....You lose your 100,000 mile engine warrantee. Read the Service Bulletin. The MM Act has nothing to do with this folks!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an INCORRECT statement Agian your warranty will not be voided by having UltraPower on your coach.There has to be a failure & proof beyond a reasonable doubt that UltraPower caused it.They will then deny warranty on that part,not the entire chassis.

As I previously stated we reprogram ECM's for Workhorse when the speedo's are off.I'm not upset by the bulletin,it's the same as it has always been.Workhorse monitor's this page as well.
You are not sticking to the facts by telling them they warranty will be void as soon as the ECM programimg is changed!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #68

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Damages caused by these changes will not be covered by warranty."
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Workhorse does not say that merly having the ECM reprogrammed will void your warranty. You seem to imply or believe that the ECM upgrade will cause damage to the engine. If it does the above statement is correct. Otherwise, it is irrelevent to Workhorse warranty repairs.

A workhorse rep drove my coach. He initially asked if I had a Banks Power Pack. I said no, I had the Ultrapower upgrade. He said it seemed to be better than the Banks equipped units he had driven. He gave no indication that either mod would void the warranty.

Bill

Workhorse W22
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #69

Mike,
Did you see any of this coming? As you are a Workhorse Service Center I am curious if Workhorse has talked or corresponded with you in any sort of a negative manner such as threatening to pull their association with you over your Ultrapower products. I would hate to see something like that happen. As a satisfied customer I would like to continue doing business with you on any future Workhorse related problems I may have.

Dave

2008 Phaeton 36QSH
davmcln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #70
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Bill,

How many miles do you have since your coach was ULTRAPOWERED?