Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
I also stand by the compensation issue for some of those defending WH and have not seen it denied.
Perhaps you should re-read my post. "As one", I specifically "deny" your allegations.

I notice you offer no proof or even have a theory of how such payments can be made from a closed company. Mike & I will still be here, trying to HELP owners, long after you get weary of posting the same repetition of your unfortunate episode with brake failure. I'm sorry it happened, and you are not alone, but fortunately you apparently survived a close call and now continue to harp on how bad a company treated you while complaining about your lost value. Seems to me you are shooting yourself in the foot, using your fingers.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #58
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I took the advise here, because I thought it sounded professional. 800 miles later, my family was almost killed on the side of a mountain. That was horrible and nearly fatal advise and hopefully I might be able to help others to get a second opinion.
I find it very difficult to understand why anyone would take advice from an internet forum versus a visual in person inspection from a competent service facility with hands on experience that you rated as
Quote:
They were great to work with
and expect that advise to supersede the hands on company working on the vehicle. Add in the fact this was with a braking system I'm baffled.

I can fully understand your being upset with the situation but we got that point after the first 100+ times you posted it.

This is my personal opinion and not that of iRV2.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #59

Quote:
"As one", I specifically "deny" your allegations.
Never said you were. [moderator edit]
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #60

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I can fully understand your being upset with the situation but we got that point after the first 100+ times you posted it.

This is my personal opinion and not that of iRV2.
We also totally agree with JohnRR's statement above. This topic is getting totally off subject and seems to have become a rehashing of a personal situtation.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe the "demise" of Workhorse is due to the loss of the 8.1 engine and nothing else and my opinion is every bit as valid as yours. If I was in the market for another RV the Workhorse chassis would be my first choice.

If I owned a chassis that I hated I would sell it at a loss rather than keep it. Again that is just my opinion and I am entitled to it.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's a shame that Workhorse has gone under, but I'm not surprised. I for one don't enjoy owning an orphaned chassis....remember the John Deere chassis? Ugg....

On a separate note for those that weren't here during the Workhorse forum heyday, it's my understanding that the old (not their age) Workhorse Ambassadors (DriVer, edgray, MikeT) travel expenses were paid for when they attended Workhorse Rallies.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #63

Quote:
Never said you were........ OK. I was told to drive off the cliff and then told by the same people, it was my fault..
Sir: Apparently, I'm not making myself clear.
I'm telling you that I was also an Ambassador, just like Mike (DriVer). We both "worked" for Workhorse travelling the rallies and conventions, setting up booth displays of marketing materials and "talking Workhorse" with owners both happy and unhappy. WE did not get "paid". There were no paychecks, W-2 or 1099 forms. We did receive PARTIAL reimbursement for SOME of the cost to attend these events. If anything, we are guilty of being "wannabe employees", but I prefer to think of us as dedicated RV junkies. Workhorse is not the only thing we have "promoted" simply because we believe in the product and enjoy trying to be helpful to other RV owners.

Regarding your most recent claim that you were told to drive off a cliff, all I can say is : when I was a child my Momma used to tell me not to do something just because somebody else did. SHEEISH. !
Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntDriver View Post
It's a shame that Workhorse has gone under, but I'm not surprised......... it's my understanding that the old (not their age) Workhorse Ambassadors (DriVer, edgray, MikeT) travel expenses were paid for when they attended Workhorse Rallies.......[moderator edit]
Yes, that is correct, if you consider getting reimbursed at the IRS approved rate for a CAR on the actual mileage driven while driving a motorhome, towing a car!

I'm proud of my "career" as an Ambassador, and I'm tired of defending "why" we did it. It certainly was NOT about the money. End of story for me, and you can take my word for it....or not. Ed
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #65
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Thank Ed:
I was hoping that someone that had attended the rally would have the correct information. Thats what I was waiting for.
It sure is interesting how some folks attending the same rally came away with a totaly different story. Then we have those with absolutley no first hand knowledge attempting to confirm false information.
With that I think this post has really ran it's course and then some!
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Closed Thread

Tags
workhorse