Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
AMEN
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For the record, Workhorse is in fact an LLC, it CAN file bankruptcy in itself, having little if any effect on Navistar. Unlike Workhorse, Bosch NA Brake division which is also an LLC, it would be much more likely for them to go the bankruptcy path.

One just doesn't know these days who all the snakes in the grass are.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #31

mythplaced and AZloafer:

Do you know Steve personally? Have you ever spent quality time around a campfire with him? I seriously doubt either of you will answer yes....but I can to both questions. I have "enjoyed" his company on several occasions.

I doubt that Steve was offended by my comments, because he is a stand up guy who "LOVES" a good debate, and will sometimes go out of his way to start one....... And that is all I was trying to point out with my "Steve being Steve" comment. IMO, his OP is just another debate starter.

FWIW, if you want my post removed by the moderators please use the "REPORT POST" icon within my post. THEY will then decide its fate. Quoting my post and adding YOUR perspective only serves to perpetuate the very comments you want removed.

Have a nice day.
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
OK then. No one would know of your relationship unless you started with "I know Steve and..."

I have had someone flame me so I am a little sensitive to this issue. Your explanation is a good one. Joe
Old 08-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
mythplaced and AZloafer:

Do you know Steve personally? Have you ever spent quality time around a campfire with him? I seriously doubt either of you will answer yes....but I can to both questions. I have "enjoyed" his company on several occasions.

I doubt that Steve was offended by my comments, because he is a stand up guy who "LOVES" a good debate, and will sometimes go out of his way to start one....... And that is all I was trying to point out with my "Steve being Steve" comment. IMO, his OP is just another debate starter.

FWIW, if you want my post removed by the moderators please use the "REPORT POST" icon within my post. THEY will then decide its fate. Quoting my post and adding YOUR perspective only serves to perpetuate the very comments you want removed.

Have a nice day.
Ed
I can attest to Ed's comments. I bet Steve, aka Justme13 or "Furface" as I call him, is just sitting back with a "cool one" and big smile. Anyone notice Steve has not made any comments...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
I can attest to Ed comments. I bet Steve aka Justme13 or "Furface" as I call him. Anyone notice Steve has not made any comments... he is just sitting back with a "cool one" and big smile.
Dale, I just came out of the Winnebago Chat Room and he never even mentioned this thread. He's up to his ears building his "Garagemahall" we're calling it!

He's got bigger fish to fry ... this was more like a stik and move!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #35

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ahhhh, but it has stimulated some brain cells.
Just suppose WCC does go out of business. Is Navistar left holding the bag ??? I think "IMHO" I don't believe Navistar will continue with the Workhorse logo much longer, you wanna talk about liability, workhorse can't or won't even show it's face around the community, go figure. If Navistar wants to become a leader, and gain market share in the RV industry, I don't think they have a choice but to divest themselves of Workhorse, rename the division and put some people in there that know how to develop and run a niche market company.

PS: yes, my feelings were hurt.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post
Ahhhh, but it has stimulated some brain cells.
Just suppose WCC does go out of business. Is Navistar left holding the bag ??? I think "IMHO" I don't believe Navistar will continue with the Workhorse logo much longer, you wanna talk about liability, workhorse can't or won't even show it's face around the community, go figure. If Navistar wants to become a leader, and gain market share in the RV, I don't think they have a choice but to divest themselves of Workhorse.

I can't disagree with what you say, except maybe the PS
Old 08-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestme13 View Post

Steve: Please accept my apology. I meant no offense, and I certainly never thought your feelings would be hurt by my comments. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Steve: Please accept my apology. I meant no offense, and I certainly never thought your feelings would be hurt by my comments.
I believe that his "Furryness" has sunk the hook a little deeper but you took the high road and that's a good thing!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club

Back on topic...

In RV circles Navistar would be wise to "retire" the name WH, much like Firestone did with the Firestone brand.

While there are still a couple of tires branded "Firestone" 80% of what they sell today is branded "Bridgestone"...

Tire Catalog | Firestone Complete Auto Care
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Before y'all bury the body, there are a lot of happy WH owners out there. And I happen to be one of them. And yes, before anyone asks, I'd do it again. (And I'm not in the least discounting the ones with brake problems, just thankful I haven't had them.

Just count me as well satisfied and happy with the rig!

Best,

ruppr
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #41

What should be retired is the people who drove the co. from a dominant market share to the position they are now in.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #42

Mid Atlantic Campers
RIGHT ON SPOON, my thoughts exactly They should be run out on a rail.

Ed apology accepted, thank you!

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote