Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Branson, MO - April 29, 2005 -- Workhorse announced today that effective with all transmissions installed in Workhorse chassis from the date of April 7th, 2005 that Castrol TranSynd will be installed in all T1000 and 2100MH transmissions direct from Workhorse. With the implementation of this new feature, all Allison transmissions installed by WCC are factory equipped with TranSynd.

In a floor discussion today it was released to the Workhorse Chassis Motorhome Club Members that the benefits of installing Transynd from the start will allow WCC owners to opt for the extended Allison warranty coverage if they so choose to participate.

The benefit of running synthetic in the Allison is well known simply, less friction, cool running and extended drain intervals. The use of synthetic fluid in the Allison is much more detailed if you log on to the Allison website and read the product description about TranSynd.

Note: You must still change your Allison spin-on filter at 5,000 miles and then resume normal service intervals.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Branson, MO - April 29, 2005 -- Workhorse announced today that effective with all transmissions installed in Workhorse chassis from the date of April 7th, 2005 that Castrol TranSynd will be installed in all T1000 and 2100MH transmissions direct from Workhorse. With the implementation of this new feature, all Allison transmissions installed by WCC are factory equipped with TranSynd.

In a floor discussion today it was released to the Workhorse Chassis Motorhome Club Members that the benefits of installing Transynd from the start will allow WCC owners to opt for the extended Allison warranty coverage if they so choose to participate.

The benefit of running synthetic in the Allison is well known simply, less friction, cool running and extended drain intervals. The use of synthetic fluid in the Allison is much more detailed if you log on to the Allison website and read the product description about TranSynd.

Note: You must still change your Allison spin-on filter at 5,000 miles and then resume normal service intervals.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:59 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
DriVer: Perhaps I should go read my warranty but as I recall there is no extended warranty for the 1000 or 2100 series Allisions. Having said that I switched to TranSynd just after I purchased my RV (2004 W22, National Dolphin).

UltraPower ECM Program
Joe Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Joe,
You have to have tran fluid changed within the first year of ownership in order to get extended warranty. There was papers with the Allison booklet explaining this. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I don't have my 2100mh maual here at home.

What is the recommended fluid change for the 2100mh with Transyd and the recommend fluid change with Dexron? I thought they were the same.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
What is the recommended fluid change for the 2100mh with TranSynd and the recommend fluid change with Dexron? I thought they were the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From Allison Transmissions.com

The numbers prove it.
Extended oil change guidelines for TranSyndTM include 50,000 miles/24 months for Severe duty and for General duty, 100,000 miles/48 months, once a 90%+ fill of TranSyndTM has been reached. (Reference Allison Service Tip #1099B for more information on how to achieve the appropriate fill of TranSynd.) Compare that to conventional transmission fluid recommended changes of 12,000 miles/6 months for severe duty. And 25,000 miles/12 months for general duty.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Gilbert:
DriVer: Perhaps I should go read my warranty but as I recall there is no extended warranty for the 1000 or 2100 series Allisions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Found on the Allison Website:

** Three-year/120,000 mile ETC (Extended Transmission Coverage), providing total coverage of 5-year 200,000 miles available at no charge. Requires the vehicle owner to use TES-295 fluids: "fluids which have been tested by an independent testing laboratory as conforming to the TES-295 specification and the results have been reviewed and approved by Allison Transmission Engineering Department". Also requires an ETC registration from either the OEM or Customer.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #8

In all the Allison literature I got with our new MH I get conflicting information on the ETC. There is a form showing the cost for coverage, and also a sheet saying that it is no cost. The Allison website only says that the ETC can be purchased from dealers within 12 months of purchase.

Where can I get information on obtaining this coverage?

Thanks

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:59 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Clock Meister:
In all the Allison literature I got with our new MH I get conflicting information on the ETC. There is a form showing the cost for coverage, and also a sheet saying that it is no cost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No charge is what I wrote per the text on the Allison website. I'd call WCC Customer Support and ask them about it OR call Allison Transmissions.

Let us know how that all worked out.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:31 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I have to check my manual and it's in the coach. I do not recall seeing a fluid change at 12,000 miles for my 2100mh Allison.

Is the 2100mh service different than the 1000???????

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #11

I have a 1000MH on my rig. Allison Svc Info Ltr matrix shows non-TranSynd interval of 50,000 mi or 24 mos for fluid change (General Vocation); for TranSynd/TES-295 it's 100,000 mi or 60 mos.

So I have 23 mos til I buy a TranSynd-filled new Winnie, before my tanny fluid change is due in this rig.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In my case I changed to TranSynd one month after I purchased my 2004 W22 RV new. I still need to dig out my warranty book as I thought the 1000/2100 was only warrantyed for 3 years and the 6 speeds were now 3 +2 if you installed TranSynd. I'll look at my warranty book tomorrow.

Joe

UltraPower ECM Program
Joe Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Gilbert:
DriVer: Perhaps I should go read my warranty but as I recall there is no extended warranty for the 1000 or 2100 series Allisions. Having said that I switched to TranSynd just after I purchased my RV (2004 W22, National Dolphin). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I changed to TranSynd(at 5000 miles), and Allison doubled my warranty, and I have the documentation to support that.
Blue Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue Ribbon:
I changed to TranSynd(at 5000 miles), and Allison doubled my warranty, and I have the documentation to support that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for sharing!